“Amazing Experience”

and up
Snorkel Tour from St Martin
Ranked #1 of 8 Tours in Grand Case
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba dive and snorkel with Octopus Diving. We have the best boats, the best equipment and hand picked staff to make sure you have the best experience possible. Our friendly PADI dive center is located in the town of Grand Case on the gorgeous tropical island of St. Martin / Sint Maarten, the culinary capital of the Caribbean. Whether you're an experienced diver ready to take your diving to the next level with advanced courses or specialties, a certified diver looking to explore St. Martin's amazing reefs and wrecks, a first-timer interested in discovering the world of diving or an avid snorkeler - or even if you've never been in the water before - we've got something for you, and we'll make your underwater experience one to remember.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
New York, New York, United States
“Amazing Experience”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I did the DSD course during a recent trip to St. Maarten. It was absolutely incredible. The dive instructor (Wes) made me feel totally comfortable diving for the first time (at Creole Rock) and was a great guide. I then joined a larger group of divers at Turtle Reef (led by Jade & Wes) and saw some turtles and an octopus.

I very highly recommend them.

Lund, Sweden
“Fun, friendly and personal!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed in Grand Case, St. Martin with my family in Jan/Feb for a total of six dives in three days and I couldn't be more satisfied.

I hadn't really been diving that much since i got my certificate back in 2001, but after a PADI Scuba Review refresher home in Sweden, the Octopus Diving experience was more than gentle enough to make me feel comfortable on our very first day of diving, at Creole Rock and Turtle Reef.

The third day however was, frankly... awesome! My brother, my father and I were taken to the Dutch side of the island to explore the wrecks of the Porpoise and the Gregory, at 27 and 15 meters respectively. Unbelievable marine life sightings with tons of rays, lobsters, corals and fish. On our way there, we took the route through the Marigot marina and the lagoon for some light (and lighthearted) sightseeing – entertainingly narrated by the dynamic diving duo of Greg and Dave. Great, great fun!

This was my first time diving in warm waters and I couldn't have done it in a better place!

Stockholm, Stockholms Län, Sweden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Swedish divers Jan 31 - Feb 1!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Following my first e-mail contact with Sally Davies at Octopus in September, we booked diving excursons three consecutive days, two of them combined with snorkeling.
All along, Sally responded to all my queries in a very contructive way, and also sugggested where to stay in Grand Case.
On arrival, we were signed in very smoothly in the Octopus shop, and then were off to the diving center and our first excursion.
My husband and two sons are the divers and they were very impressed by the professional instructors, particularly Greg who vere their instructor twice. Also, they appreciated that different diving sites were presented to them. In addition we found the equipment, boats etc in excellent condition.
Hence, this is an attraction that we highly recommend to all divers who consider going to St Martin. As for myself, so far I've only been snorkeling but following a a successful test dive near Iles des Saintes last week I consider doing the PADI Open Water Diver course in order to be able to join the family's future diving adventures. Although St Martin is a long way from Sweden, I'd very much like to complete the open water dives with Octopus - and to have a good reason for going back to Grand Case, St Martin which we liked a lot due to the small scale and friendly atmosphere!

Written by Maria, February 12.

Visited January 2013
Tewksbury, MA
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Terrific experience”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Octopus diving is a truly professional outfit. The equipment is top-notch and the staff is outstanding. We dove on Feb 12, 2013 with Greg, Jade, Wes and Minke, who made it such a great experience. They emphasized safety and took the time to explain everything. They set up all the gear, helped us don it and took care of everything once we got back to the boat. I've got advanced scuba certification but have not dived in 5-6 years and the brief refresher they offered was worth every penny. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for some diving in St. Martin. Having gone diving at several Caribbean island locations, this was, by far, the best diving experience I've had in 20 years. Two thumbs up.
-BMcD

Los Angeles, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The best dive outfit in St Maarten”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have been out countless times with Octopus... after having dove with many of the other outfits on the Island.... there is no comparison! Dave and Jade showed us an amazing time, and owners Sally and Chris are lovely. The equipment is in good condition and the boats are up to date!

Thanks guys!