“strongly recommended”

and up
2 Tank Dive in Grand Case Saint Martin at 8:30 AM
Ranked #1 of 7 Tours in Grand Case
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba dive and snorkel with Octopus Diving. We have the best boats, the best equipment and hand picked staff to make sure you have the best experience possible. Our friendly PADI dive center is located in the town of Grand Case on the gorgeous tropical island of St. Martin / Sint Maarten, the culinary capital of the Caribbean. Whether you're an experienced diver ready to take your diving to the next level with advanced courses or specialties, a certified diver looking to explore St. Martin's amazing reefs and wrecks, a first-timer interested in discovering the world of diving or an avid snorkeler - or even if you've never been in the water before - we've got something for you, and we'll make your underwater experience one to remember.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My wife and I got our PADI certification last Dicember. It was a great experience. Everyone on Octopus diving was very careful with as. We strongly recommended .
Martin y Estefania (Argentina)

There are newer reviews for Octopus Diving

Reviewed January 13, 2013

My family and I went to St. Martin for our Christmas vacation. Octopus Diving was super convenient to where we stayed in Grand Case. It is an easy walk for anyone staying in Grand Case. I dove two mornings with Octopus. The first day was quite rough sea-wise, but Dave was an excellent Captain navigating the waves. He also was great about ensuring our safety since the first dive's visibility was poor. Second dive day one had great visibility and sea life. Marjarie was a fun co-captain that day - helping with gear etc. The second morning of diving was lots of fun too with Greg and Dave. Greg led our dives on some newly discovered reefs which was fun, uncharted territory. My Mom also did the Discover Scuba and my fiance got his diving certification. They both really enjoyed their new diving experiences with Dave, Chris, Wes, and Marjarie. Dave was very patient with my Mom who took time to adjust to diving/equalizing. She was very grateful and enjoyed the underwater experience! My fiance was glad to do his open water with such a friendly, fun group. All in all, I highly recommend this diving operation!!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and I visited St Maarten for the first time. We wanted to dive with a small operation that would not have crowded boats. We used trip advisor to find octopus diving and then were hooked once we read Sally's blogs and island information. What a wonderful resource for first time travelers to the island.

We dove three days and were led by Marjorie and Dave on our first outstanding set of dives. Despite choppy waters and unusually high winds Captain Dave gets two thumbs up for providing us a safe ride and for all his additional help with gear. Marjorie led us on two sweet dives to Gregory's reef and Sally's Reef. Visibility wasn't the greatest but we saw some cool sea life and felt incredibly safe with Marjorie in the lead.

Our second and third dives included more expert navigating by Captain Dave and an unforgettable dive to Turtle reef led and Creole reef by Lex himself, as well as two fun filled dives with Captain Wes, Senior instructor Greg, Kendra, Maaike and Les to Creole Reef and Turtle Reef. Despite low visibility we saw amazing marine life, my favorites being the turtles, spotted Eagle Rays and brittle starfish. Hats off to Greg for his ability to find the macro life. Special thanks to Captain Wes and Kendra for their help with gear on the trip as well.

All in all we had wonderful service, friendly staff and a chance to meet the cutest baby on the Island, Kiernan. We look forward to watching him grow year to year as we return to dive with Octpus diving!

Cheers, Ann & Pete Lozis

Reviewed January 8, 2013

My wife and I got our PADI certification last April at Octopus. They were excellent instructors and very patient. We were back last week for two mornings of dives. The first morning Dave and Marjorie were a great team to lead us. They did everything but put our wetsuits on, what great service. Divemaster Marjorie showed us around two sites and helped us with refresher skills. Our confidence came back quickly. Day two was windy and rough on the surface. Wes and Marjorie had to juggle sites to keep the boat ride and diving safe, and we appreciate their concerns for our safety and our experiences. We saw a nice variety of sealife that we had not seen before, got a little more skilled and confident and had fun time. All the staff at Octopus are very friendly and care for their customers. Facilities and parking are safe and secure. They work really hard to give us a fun dive experience. We are sure to be back in the next year and Octopus Diving is top on the list when we reach SXM.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Sally and Chris run a top knotch dive company! The pre-trip communication was terrific and the online pre-pay was smooth and secure. My wife and I had not been diving for a few years, but felt very comfortable with everyone at Octopus Diving. Parking is behind a secure gate and they have a locker for storage. The really great thing about diving with them is the small boat and personal attention. You get more time in the water and are able to see what the dive master sees without worrying about a large crowd. We hope all our future dive experiences measure up to the professionalism and fun of this dive crew!