“Scuba the way it's supposed to be.”
Review of Octopus Diving

and up
Snorkel Tour from St Martin
Ranked #1 of 8 Tours in Grand Case
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba dive and snorkel with Octopus Diving. We have the best boats, the best equipment and hand picked staff to make sure you have the best experience possible. Our friendly PADI dive center is located in the town of Grand Case on the gorgeous tropical island of St. Martin / Sint Maarten, the culinary capital of the Caribbean. Whether you're an experienced diver ready to take your diving to the next level with advanced courses or specialties, a certified diver looking to explore St. Martin's amazing reefs and wrecks, a first-timer interested in discovering the world of diving or an avid snorkeler - or even if you've never been in the water before - we've got something for you, and we'll make your underwater experience one to remember.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
3 attraction reviews
“Scuba the way it's supposed to be.”
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

This is my second year diving with the staff at Octopus. The owners, Chris and Sally, are the friendliest, most accommodating people I've met in over 40 years of diving. Dave, the dive master on my first dive, carried everyone's gear into the boat that was tied up about 30 feet off shore. Once under water, he made sure the 6 divers in our party all saw the giant lobster in spotted. It's worth a drive from anywhere on the island to dive with Octopus.

San Jose, CA
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Professional, well organized dive shop”
Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

I dove with them year ago, came back this year -and they are even better now! Very well run operation, well trained and friendly dive masters, fast clean boats, small groups-all this makes diving easy and enjoyable! Highly recommend! Greg, Marjory, Wes, Dave - you were great, thank you all!

Southlake
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Private snorkeling charter to Creole Rock, Turtle's Reef and Friar's Bay”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

My wife and I decided to go snorkeling after my brother-in-law finished his first dive with them. (He made three dives with them.) Chris and Sally, the owners, were very nice to work with and eager to please. We chartered a boat for the afternoon, and were accompanied by Wes and Marjorie, both of whom did an excellent job.

Visited December 2012
Boston, MA
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Fantastic Tec dive with Chris and Kendra!”
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Yesterday was a fantastic day. Spent the morning prepping dive gear with Chris, for our 40m deep wreck dive on La Renee. Chris oversaw as we set up our gear, mixed our gases, and did our dive plan. Then we loaded all the gear in Arvor, and made our way to the dive site. Wes helped out and did surface cover, as we made our descent to 40m on the wreck. We had 30 minutes of bottom time on our twinsets of Nitrox. Then up to 21m for our deco stops. This was my second time Tec diving on La Renee, but it was fantastic. Chris is an awesome dive master and instructor, and doing a 40m dive with your daughter can't be beat. Plus Chris took video on his GoPro, and gave me a free copy. What a great time! Thanks Chris!

Boston, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
“Great Tec diving despite the weather!”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I did my TekLite Advanced Nitrox course a year ago, and unfortunately was not able to dive the La Renée site due to weather. That just means that I had to come back again to see it! And I was not disappointed. Huge wreck, lots to see in and around it, and - of course - diving a twin set is lots of fun. The weather could have been better, but that only makes me want to dive it again! And less-than-ideal visibility only makes the descent on to the wreck better: 'skydiving' down into the murky blue, all you can see is the mooring line disappearing... until suddenly, the wreck looms up at you. Always awesome! Can't wait to get a better look at the fish life; I hope the African Pompanos stick around.

Visited December 2012