“Private snorkeling charter to Creole Rock, Turtle's Reef and Friar's Bay”
Review of Octopus Diving

and up
2 Tank Dive in Grand Case Saint Martin at 8:30 AM
Ranked #1 of 7 Tours in Grand Case
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba dive and snorkel with Octopus Diving. We have the best boats, the best equipment and hand picked staff to make sure you have the best experience possible. Our friendly PADI dive center is located in the town of Grand Case on the gorgeous tropical island of St. Martin / Sint Maarten, the culinary capital of the Caribbean. Whether you're an experienced diver ready to take your diving to the next level with advanced courses or specialties, a certified diver looking to explore St. Martin's amazing reefs and wrecks, a first-timer interested in discovering the world of diving or an avid snorkeler - or even if you've never been in the water before - we've got something for you, and we'll make your underwater experience one to remember.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase
Southlake
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Private snorkeling charter to Creole Rock, Turtle's Reef and Friar's Bay”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

My wife and I decided to go snorkeling after my brother-in-law finished his first dive with them. (He made three dives with them.) Chris and Sally, the owners, were very nice to work with and eager to please. We chartered a boat for the afternoon, and were accompanied by Wes and Marjorie, both of whom did an excellent job.

Boston, MA
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Fantastic Tec dive with Chris and Kendra!”
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Yesterday was a fantastic day. Spent the morning prepping dive gear with Chris, for our 40m deep wreck dive on La Renee. Chris oversaw as we set up our gear, mixed our gases, and did our dive plan. Then we loaded all the gear in Arvor, and made our way to the dive site. Wes helped out and did surface cover, as we made our descent to 40m on the wreck. We had 30 minutes of bottom time on our twinsets of Nitrox. Then up to 21m for our deco stops. This was my second time Tec diving on La Renee, but it was fantastic. Chris is an awesome dive master and instructor, and doing a 40m dive with your daughter can't be beat. Plus Chris took video on his GoPro, and gave me a free copy. What a great time! Thanks Chris!

Boston, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
“Great Tec diving despite the weather!”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I did my TekLite Advanced Nitrox course a year ago, and unfortunately was not able to dive the La Renée site due to weather. That just means that I had to come back again to see it! And I was not disappointed. Huge wreck, lots to see in and around it, and - of course - diving a twin set is lots of fun. The weather could have been better, but that only makes me want to dive it again! And less-than-ideal visibility only makes the descent on to the wreck better: 'skydiving' down into the murky blue, all you can see is the mooring line disappearing... until suddenly, the wreck looms up at you. Always awesome! Can't wait to get a better look at the fish life; I hope the African Pompanos stick around.

San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Times!”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Had an absolute blast. The two divemasters with whom I went underwater, Greg and Dave, were both excellent. Just went on a couple of fairly easy dives but there were turtles and sharks in addition to a nice range of fishes etc., and of course the water was AMAZING for December. Notably the other staff—especially the recently arrived Frenchwoman and the South African gent in from Saba, neither of whose names I can recall just this moment, alas—were exceedingly helpful and kind.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“great diving!”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We had a great time in Grand Case with Octopus Diving in December 2012. The owner Chris bent over backwards to help us out with some issues we had with our boat. He is truely a gentleman. The next day he hooked my group of seven up with Greg & Dave to go diving. The were first rate! We went to New Reef and had a really great dive that included four nurse sharks and a giant spotted eagle ray. Lots of other fish, too. The were safe, funny and very helpful. Highly recommended!!