“Amazing, friendly Service and not overpriced!!”

Restaurant le Soleil
Ranked #13 of 68 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Nice terrasse with a carribean see view, possibility to have lunch also on the beach. Friendly family ambiance.
Reviewed November 28, 2009

My Husband & I returned to Le Soleil from 8 years ago. The owners have changed from then, but the food, service and price are unbeatable. Myriam, Laurent, and Stephane have a great business. The Chef truly has a gift. Myriam selected the perfect bottle of wine that went perfctly with my Veal cordon Bleu and Spatzel. A large portion that I could not finish it all. She also selected dessert for my husband & I to share. At the end of the evening,(we closed the restaurant), Laurent was glad to call us a cab(use John who has the red van...He is very nice) and he waited with us until the cab got there.
The next evening we went to L'Escapade. DO NOT GO THERE!!! WAY OVERPRICED. Over 200.00 for dinner without a bottle of wine! Chantel our waitress was the only person who cared. The owner was clueless to customer service. When we first arrived everything was o.k until the owner seated a couple with 2 small children next to us as we wanted a romantic evening on our last night there.They screwed up my husband's dinner and did not even offer a glass of wine or dessert on the house. The owner ignored us when he asked if everything was alright, he chuckled and walked away. Rude. We will NOT return there.
The folks at Le Soleil really care about food, service, and keeping the customers coming back. We are planning a return trip in March and will definately return to Le Soleil. Nice Job guys, keep those saute pans hot!!! Mer Ci.
Diane & Steve from Boston.

2  Thank stellaMass

Reviewed October 12, 2009

After eating at a few other restaurants in Grand Case we ignored our hotelier advice and followed tripadvisor as this is rated at No 2. How wrong we were. The food here is on par with a very average British pub. I cannot believe it has such a high rating. The fries were supermarket frozen fries. The napkins were paper. Now, I am not a snob BUT no high quality restaurant uses paper napkins. I had the steak and it was no better than a cheap British pub steak. My wife had the chicken and it was very salty and again looked like something at a local pub. After eating at Le Cottage, Le Shore and Spiga, this was like dropping from tier 1 to tier 5 food. The red wine was chilled and although we received an explanation regards the high temperatures in St Martin and the need to keep it in the fridge, the other restaurants seemed to manage. I am not saying the food was bad because it was not, it was just unbelievably ordinary. It was our last evening in St Martin and we wanted something special. If I had this meal in an airport I would have been a bit disappointed. To be on restaurant row is a joke. Come on Soleil. You have the perfect location on the ocean. Get your act together.

2  Thank travel6065
Reviewed August 25, 2009

Our expectations for dinners in Grand Case are very high as there are so many excellent restaurants. Unfortunately, Restaurant Le Soleil is not one of them. It's not that we had a bad meal or received poor service, but there are several better places to dine.

We ate there on 7/30 and our hostess, Myriam, was pleasant, and the water view was nice. Everything else was just OK.
Appetizers of shepherdess salad (warm goat cheese on toasted bread with honey) and a Caribbean salad (breaded shrimp, grilled fish, squid) were mediocre. Entrees of duck breast and the fish special were average tasting as well.

They were out of there only chocolate dessert which was disappointing too.

With a plethora of outstanding restaurants in Grand Case, we don't find any need to return to Restaurant Le Soleil.

Reviewed August 20, 2009

We ate here on the last of our three nights in Grand Case - intrigued by the Alsatian tarts (just 10 Euro for something equivalent to a small pizza pie) and the bleu cheese/toasted gingerbread dessert course.

We had a beautiful table by the water, just in time to see the sunset over the ocean. Throughout the meal, we were surrounded by the gentle sounds of the waves and saw an occasional sailboat drift by -

The staff was amazing, friendly, vigilant, but not hovering.

Dinner for two, including 2 pre-dinner drinks, appetizer, 2 glasses of wine with dinner and shared dessert - 97 Euro.

1  Thank feinstee
Reviewed July 27, 2009

I visited du Soleil in Grand Case for a late lunch on July 22, 2009 during my vacation trip last week.

du Soleil is a small (cozy) restaurant that overlooks the beach. The menu features a French influence and local, very fresh ingredients. The daily lunch special featured kebabs (tuna, mahi, beef, chicken, etc.) lightly brushed with olive oil.

The remainder of the menu was also available and offerings ranged from heavier dishes to lighter fare.

I had the daily special with a glass of wine (and a small basket of French bread was brought with the meal.) I sat in the outdoor covered deck overlooking a sun drenched and breezy beach.

The presentation was very good for both the lunch. and the small mango and berry glace (ice cream) dessert I enjoyed.

The atmosphere was great, the service was friendly and appropriately attentive, but not rushed. The food was amazing.

(Note: the bill for the meal is listed in both Euros and US Dollars.)

I would very highly recommend this restaurant, and will definitely return on my next visit to St. Martin!

1  Thank CaptainBly