“Intimate restaurant by the sea!”

Restaurant le Soleil
Ranked #14 of 68 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Nice terrasse with a carribean see view, possibility to have lunch also on the beach. Friendly family ambiance.
Reviewed March 20, 2014

This is a wonderful restaurant, overlooking the sea. My husband and I have been several times in the last few weeks. Totally unpretentious, you feel like family there. Stephane and Myriam do a fabulous job. The food and service are excellent. On one visit, I had the Mahi-Mahi, innovative presentation and delicious. My husband had the rabbit, very tasty. We also had the special of Blanquette de Veau recently, as well as Beef Cheeks a la Bourguignon. Don't miss dining here, a hidden gem.

1  Thank Vikki52

Reviewed March 19, 2014

I don't write reviews unless I find something truly special. Le Soleil is special. The restaurant is small and modest with a beautiful view of the bay in Grande Case. You are welcome in like family and Stephane was incredibly hospitable. And, though I was rather focused on my food, my drink, my conversation, and the view- you can't help but notice how Stephane manages the busy restaurant. In another restaurant the night before, we had a terrible waiter, and joked about how the bad waiter should come to Grande Case to learn from Stephane.

The menu, like the Greek Taverna style setting, is unpretentious. The food is to die for. For starters we had the Tarte Flambee which combined the perfectly salty and sweet combination of creamy cheese, bacon, and onions on a most impossibly thin, yet crispy (how do they do this?) crust. It only got better. Next came the spinach and goat cheese puff pastry (i.die.) and the tuna tartar (also fantastic and presented beautifully). We chose lobster and duck for the main course, the chef knows what he's doing. We had the chocolate dream and the banana coconut crumble for dessert and left full, kind of drunk, and incredibly happy.

The entire experience was perfect. This restaurant is a must-visit for anyone who is a true food lover. By far our favorite meal in St.Martin/St.Maarten, and if I ever return, I won't miss it.

1  Thank erikastudt
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We went into Le Soleil (owned by Myriam and Stephane) just by chance and were amazed by the wonderful food. The menu is small, which is probably why the chef can concentrate on producing the best. Tables are on a balcony overlooking Grand Case and the food is 'plated' exquisitely. There is also WiFi available.
Service was a little slow, perhaps because Myriam is very social and loves to interact with guests

2  Thank Ruth S
Reviewed March 1, 2014

The restaurant does not feature prominently in the printed guidebooks of St. Maarten or Grande Case in particular. What a pity. It was our best experience among three restaurants at the same location. The food (filet of sole, and grilled whole red snapper, respectively) was as fresh and delicious as it could be. The way it was delivered was as spectacular as you should expect from a bona fide French establishment. The drinks (think of Kir based on cremant d'Alsace) were as good as in France or better, and compared to the other places, inexpensive. The service we got from the co-owner, Myriam, was spectacular.

Carry on, Myriam and Stephane! Many more years of good business!

1  Thank jrk011
Reviewed February 14, 2014

And our puff pastry with cheese looked as good as it tasted. This Alsatian French restaurant with a lovely view of Grand Case harbor gave us a most pleasurable dining experience. Me to the waitress, "these profiteroles are fabulous", the waitresses' response, "why do you think I married him". The restaurant is run by a lovely young couple who are very engaging and will offer you a memorable dining experience.

3  Thank CaribKat