“Beautiful Italian on the Water”
Review of Il Nettuno

Il Nettuno
Ranked #36 of 68 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 5, 2010

Just had dinner again at Il Nettuno. The owner is Ramon who at one time was the maitre'd for the famous La Nicoise in Washington DC. Il Nettuno has a beautiful setting on Grand Case Bay. We

I had a wonderful Lobster Ravioli appetizer and my wife had a main course of Veal Ravioli with fresh tomato and mushroom sauce. These were both outstanding dishes. The service is excellent. It's a place to visit when in St. Martin.

There are newer reviews for Il Nettuno

Reviewed November 14, 2010

We ate there one night and thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. We both ordered the cod and it was Devine! The owners greeted us and also joined in on waiting on us. They were very attentive and even offered to take our picture. We had a table overlooking the ocean. We plan on going back again next year for dinner.

Reviewed October 18, 2010

Loved everything about our visit to Il Nettuno. The food was excellent. The service was great and the ocean side atmosphere was great. We went during low season so perhaps this was why the service, but it was much better than the other restaurants I visited during my stay.

Reviewed May 27, 2010

My wife and I ate at Il Nettuno our last night in Grand Case earlier this month. We thought a lot of the food in Grand Case was hit or miss, and by the outside looks of this place, would not have given it a second look. However, we read in the Destinations magazine at the hotel a feature article on this place and thought we would try it. Well, let me tell you, we were pleasantly surprised. While this place is not much from the outside, the inside is warm and inviting. As this was the low season, there were not many other diners in this establishment, so as soon as we arrived (without a reservation), we were quickly seated along the open-air seating by the beach. The view was amazing (beach, waves, and town lights reflecting off the water).

The food and service was very good. We had the Lobster Ravioli special appetizer and while it was not a huge amount of food, it was 4 large raviolis with sauce that tasted like real lobster. I had a veal scallopine dish that also was very good. Oddly enough, there were about 6-8 veal dishes all on the menu that were all Veal Scallopine, but with variations of cooking style. A few days after returning to the US I had veal at a local Italian place and was disapointed after having the veal at Il Nettuno.

The manager or owner came over at the end of the meal after dessert and poured us each a complimentary Limoncello drink. If you are visiting Grand Case I would definitely visit this restaurant.

Reviewed April 23, 2010

The food was pretty standard Italian. The view was beautiful at dusk.