“A valentines day treat” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Il Nettuno

Il Nettuno
Ranked #33 of 67 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ottawa, Canada
“A valentines day treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

By the sea at sunset,being serenaded by Italian guitar music, delicious food served with unique presentation, plus a little "amuse-bouche", and a glass of Limoncello, on the house to finish. It was a memorable valentine's day dinner. We had veal, after our lobster-stuffed ravioli & grilled calamari appetizers. The homemade tiramisu melted in the mouth, but could have used a better plate presentation. The dark chocolate cake was fabulous. Mmmm......

Visited February 2013

“Truly outstanding experience in all ways.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Walking into Il Nettuno, you are greeted by your friendly host and owner Ramon. You are seated with a beautiful view of the sea and the sparkling lights of Anguilla in the distance. Dinner starts with a complimentary plate of Bruschetta to accompany a full bar selection and an outstanding wine list. My wife and I dine here several times during each of our bi-yearly trips often accompanied by friends. I particularly enjoy the veal scugnuzzo which is veal Parmesan topped with eggplant. My wife's favorite Is lobster ravioli which melts in your mouth. We also enjoy their fresh fish selections and have never had anything but a wonderful meal from their extensive menu. An added plus to the experience is Mateo, a guitarist singer who performs when we visit in March. This is truly a don't miss restaurant.

Burlington, Vermont
“On the water, and a friendly welcome awaits you”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

This has been a regular stop for us on our annual winter vacation in SXM. You'll be warmly welcomed and made to feel at home. Snag a waterfront table if you can. I would say that quantity triumphs over the quality of the food, the servings are huge. Nettuno is right next to a paid ($6US) parking lot, so it's very convenient. I'll add a couple of tips I'm including in every review of restaurants in Grand Case. First, I don't think you can have a bad meal in this town, so check the menus for price, and for foods you enjoy. Second, when presented your bill, be sure to ask in every restaurant, is it "service compris" (tip included). We ran into at least one case, don't think it was Nettuno, that was service compris, and not disclosed.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Birmingham, Alabama
“Delicious Food, Sketchy Service, Check Your Bill”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

My wife and I ate here on our first night on the island. We got seated and ordered two glasses of prosecco and a bottle of water. Quite a while passed. We ordered salads and asked about the prosecco. The salads arrived along with our prosecco. The waiter asked if we wanted to order water. We said yes. Of course we never saw any water. The salads, Caesar and house, were unexciting. For her entree my wife ordered Saltimbocca alla Romana. I decided on the grilled veal chop with mushroom risotto. We also ordered a bottle of Pia Cesare Barbaresco. Both veal dishes and the barbaresco were marvelous. Especially the saltimbocca. After dinner we were served limoncello and were serenaded by Matteo. The bill arrived and included four glasses of prosecco and two bottles of water! Of course they adjusted the check. Good veal, good wine, good view.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Grand Blanc, Michigan
“Great Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

We had a wonderful dining experience here on Sunday evening. We were greeted immdiately upon entering by one of the owners who was glad to see us and promptly provided us a table on the water even though we had no reservation. The view was very nice and provided for a great enhancement to our dinner. Our waitress was exceptional. She appeared to be only one of two but she was always available and attentive to us. After drinks and a review of the extensive menu options, we opted for the appetizer special which was sauteed calamari in a tomato, garlic and herb sauce which was as good as I remember my mother making. My wife had the tagliatelle with sundried tomato and spinach and chicken which was bursting with flavor at every bite. The pasta was homemade and truly wonderful. I had the house specialty of linguine with fresh seafood and it also was homemade pasta cooked perfectly. The sauce again was a tomato and garlic with herbs which was filled with great flavors. The seafood was plentiful with small clams, mussels, calamari, octpus, shrimp and scallops. I can understand the positive reviews for this restaurant and am glad to add to it since it is well deserved.

1 Thank John D