“Great time / wonderful view”
Review of Il Nettuno

Il Nettuno
Ranked #36 of 68 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Really enjoyed our quiet evening dining in Grand Case. Food was good - not the best Italian I've ever had but was ok. Of course it's pricey - what isn't in St Maarten. Overall we had a wonderful time.

1  Thank JBRESH

Reviewed October 24, 2011

The place was amazing and during the off season it was so nice to be one of only like 5 couples there. It was one of the best meals with half moon mozarella breaded cheese sticks, plus Gnochi (with a sauce I still want again to this day), and the amazing desert to top off the evening. I personally would go back anytime, but the cost was a little high, but you have to pay to get the best food I had while I was there on the island and in Grand Case.

Reviewed October 19, 2011

We've been going to this restaurant for years now but I'm not remembering it being so expensive. The low value of our dollar to the euro doesn't help either. I the Grilled Angus beef in a three peppercorn sauce (which was very good), my son has pasta bolognese and I can't remember what my husband and other son had. The four entrees and 2 drinks came to $154.00 plus tip.

Living in Fairfield county we have access to amazing restaurants, especially Italian so, for me, this restaurant isn't the end all and be all. If however you must have Italian food in St. Martin/St. Maarten, give it a shot.

I've also hear that the Izi Pasta Lounge on the Dutch side is supposed to be good (although we didn't have a chance to try it). The prices seem more reasonable but you are not on the water.

Happy eating!

Reviewed July 7, 2011

Wed and Piazza Pascal was closed. House bread and butter/complimentary bruschetta was ok. If you go to this restaurant, please order the items below and let me know what you thought.

Host/Greeter: Very welcoming

Appetizer-
Calamari: Crisp but bland and chewy, tomato dipping sauce was oily lacked flavor.
Mussels: No flavor at all, didn't even taste like a mussel, so overcooked the mussel was tiny and dry

Entree:
Veal Ravioli: Outside was too thick almost like gnocchi, sauce was bland
Linguini w/seafood: Pasta was undercooked, sauce was too salty, seafood was overcooked and tasted frozen and not fresh
Linguini w/ sausage: Pasta was undercooked and salty, sausage was dry, about a liter of oil was used to cook this dish

Took 2-3 bites of each entree and couldn't eat more. Server insisted we take it home and was shocked when we declined.

Almost $200 for this meal. Would pay another $200 if I could rewind time and never have stepped into this establishment.

1  Thank LAfoodieNY
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Of half a dozen restaurants we ate at in Grand Case, this was the only disappointment. It started with the service which (by contrast with all the smiling faces that greeted us at all the other restaurants) was so surly and unwelcoming that I'd have left before eating if not restrained by my family (as if the manager and his team were doing us a favor by feeding us). And the food was also easily the least tasty/interesting of any of the restaurants we ate at (on a par with the standard Italian fare that gets served up in non-Italian suburbs around the world.) Still, I guess every holiday has to have one mistake....