“Don't bother with this place unless your 20 years old and want to drink”
Review of Rainbow Cafe

Rainbow Cafe
Ranked #10 of 68 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: French, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The large Restaurant dining area features various seating arrangements and is a perfect place to start your mornings off with a wonderful breakfast, a work lunch or a family dinner. Our extensive food menu includes a range of healthy and hearty regular dishes along with having specials daily, which consist of 3 appetizers, 3 entrees and 1 dessert to choice from. From the many meal options, there is bound to be something for everyone. We specialize in Meats which come from Argentina and of course our daily caught fresh fish. Rainbow Cafe remains the ideal choice for those seeking a Beach lounge type Restaurant in Grand Case, St. Martin. Whether you prefer the breezy Cocktail Bar or Sit Down Restaurant, the beach bar service or a romantic sea view restaurant dinner sitting; one thing is certain; Rainbow Cafe Beach Restaurant is bound to steal your heart!
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Bad food, poor service and dumb management. One of our party had the meat ball appetizer and it had bits of bone in it. The manager was told told but it was still on the bill. The other food was barely worth eating.

1  Thank Joe T
Write a ReviewReviews (1,055)

Reviewed March 9, 2014

The only thing going for this place is location - otherwise you can skip this spot! Food is mediocre at best, service awful and non stop terrible loud music that one can't even enjoy the sounds of the sea. There's an unnecessary arrogance and complete disregard for neighbours (I was staying several doors away and constantly disturbed) - as were other we spoke to.
There are so many other much much better and way classier restaurants in Grand Case with the same view of the water. This place should be considered a last resort - and even then.....

1  Thank ellen s
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Rainbow was a wonderful dining experience. We ate there on two occasions during our most recent trip. Once as a party of three, and a second time as a party of six. Rainbow gets service and really cares for their customers. The servicers were warm and accomodating. The food was very solid. Maybe not a ten, but a solid eight and an half. A few of the dishes, like the grouper were outstanding, while the rest of the food was very good. The view and ambience was great. This is what excellent beach dining should feel like.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Rainbow is a staple for a nice breakfast but the service, ugh. Maybe if I came here every day for a couple weeks and tipped every day they would pick they're heads up and say hello but short of that it's like fighting to get noticed. We took up beach chairs and after 30 minutes or no sever I walked to the bar and asked for drinks, was told server would come to me and to go back to the chairs (comical). And I get it, I'm in Grand Case, I'm a patient person. That's why we waited 30 minutes in the first place. Then another 30 minutes. Then we had to move to another bar. It's a shame because the chef is great, but the staff needs to exert a little more effort.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

First let me share that this restaurant was recommended to us by a couple we met the night before who spend the winter in Grand Case. Had they not told us to go there we probably would not have bothered due to the sign outside was neon and half lit.
When we arrived, we were somewhat iffy as the atmosphere was different than other places in town. We arrived early and it was empty. By the time we sat to dine after drinks on the white sofas, the place was filling up. It is kinda hip....a DJ playing great appropriate music. Right on the water and the owner and wait staff are so attentive and kind. We (3 gals) returned for a second dinner....on Valentines Day....and they did everything to make us feel special.
I have not even mentioned that the food was really incredible. I lived in NYC for 13 years and am a foody. So when I tell you this was great food, I mean it. And....it was fun!! The tuna, mango, spinach leaf terrine was yum! We ordered a few different fish and the sauces was to die for. The baked chocolate is a must!!!!!
We spent 2 lovely evenings there....... and we took a liking to Oscar the owners cat.