“Excellent Food and Service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sunset Cafe

Sunset Cafe
Ranked #14 of 67 Restaurants in Grand Case
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brentwood, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

To begin I rarely write reviews so it has to be special for me to do so. I was never a Fan of French food, but the Sunset Cafe converted me. I loved their food! My wife and I ate breakfast, lunch and dinner there and all were fantastic. Extensive wine list but I was unfamiliar with most but it was wonderful to find some California wine on their list where we were from. We will see you all next year. Thanks again!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Rusty W

New Orleans
“Great food and best view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

Phillipe runs the restaurant and has a wonderful attentive staff. The food was spectacular....grouper fillet to die for....seafood gratin....Hamburger!

Visited May 2014
Nutley, New Jersey
“The BEST Mussels Mariniere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

During our stay with the Grand Case Beach Club, we ate several meals at the Sunset Cafe and each time enjoyed great food, great service, and a great view.

Upon our arrival, we were greeted with a friendly smile. We shared a few cocktails our first day, and enjoyed the most spectacular view with a simple lunch of sandwiches and a small salad. All of the ingredients were fresh and delicious.

We ate breakfast at the Sunset Cafe nearly every morning. The continental breakfast is a nice basket of fresh baguettes, croissants, mini muffins, and a chocolate croissant. The coffee is excellent. If you prefer an American breakfast, you may order from the menu that offers many different options. We ordered the fresh fruit platter a few mornings, and prior to our departure we ordered a more hearty breakfast to sustain us through travelling. I ordered the smoked salmon platter and my husband ordered the french toast. Both were outstanding.

We enjoyed dinner at Sunset Cafe about 3 or 4 times during the week and my best advise is to get there before sunset and save room for dessert! Their desserts are fantastic. I highly recommend the Chocolate Rock.

For dinner, I typically ordered seafood and each seafood dish at the Sunset Cafe was excellent. The red snapper, simply steamed with herbs, was a real treat. It was incredibly fresh and cooked perfectly.

My favorite meal of the week was the Mussels Mariniere. They were the best mussels I've ever eaten and I will dream of them until I return :)

The multi-lingual staff is top-notch and made us feel very welcome. They are the best! We cannot wait until our next visit :)

Visited May 2014
1 Thank MarySpin
Zurich
“Excellent Kitchen, incredible views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

The location is unique for lunch and dinner. The cuisine is a healthy mix french-creole-international, without the rediculus fois gras and soup d' ongnions, you get everywhere else (visitng the other restaurants, someone get the impression that all teh French eat fois gras and soup d' ognions daily, ie when the weather is warm...).
The staff is bi-lingual and extremely polite and the service fast.
Well done!

Visited April 2014
L.I.N.Y.
“Trigger fish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

After eating a few excellent French dinners trying to find a little plainer meals we had lunch at cafe , very nice people ,except for Philip who , gets an excellent ,, {funny guy} we had trigger fish and salad which I found to be best piece of fish I think I ever had,, so we wanted to have a couple of simpler dinners same way , and they arranged to bring in Dover sole at a very fair price , salad , baked potato , perfect to give us a break!! highly recommend

Visited April 2014