“My Favorite Place in St. Martin”

L'Auberge Gourmande
Ranked #4 of 68 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
United States
“My Favorite Place in St. Martin”
Reviewed August 19, 2009

My husband and I recently ate at this restaurant while we were visiting St. Martin in June. We found this place as we were walking down the street. They had just opened for dinner and one of the owners was on the patio finishing setting up for the evening. We spoke to her and she was so nice and had a great energy about her. We asked her some questions about her menu and decided this is were we should have dinner. Even though this place isn't on the beach, it is right across the street. When we spoke to the two restaurants across from theirs, that are on the beach, they were rude and acted as if they didn't have time for my husband and me. Of course I can't remember the exact name of the entrees we had that night, but I did have the filet and it was the best I have ever had. Not only was the meat cooked to perfection but the presentation of all the vegetables and starches combine with colors not only my my meal beautiful but absolutely delicious. This is a must try place and worth every penny. Thank you for just a wonderful evening!

N.J.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always have at least 2 nights there”
Reviewed June 9, 2009

We have been going to St Martin for many years (15) and have found several restaurants that feel like they keep getting better with time. The service is always good and the food would rate a 26/27 in zagats

1 Thank ronflu
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Overpriced and not very good”
Reviewed March 9, 2009

L'Auberge is overpriced for the quality of the meals it serves. The food was good but not great, for the price I expected something more special or at least more tasty. I would not dine there again.

3 Thank AlexMT
Bolivia, NC
“Fabulous Dining in St. Martin”
Reviewed November 26, 2008

Dining in the town of Grand Case in St. Martin is arguably the finest in the Caribbean. Grand Case Boulevard (or "Restaurant Row") has perhaps a dozen outstanding restaurants. I would recommend L'Auberge Gourmande as the best restaurant in town. The cuisine is delightfully French, but with a unique Caribbean flair. The food is outstanding, the service is excellent and the setting is truly delightful. Save this place for a special treat on your last night. Go in hungry (you'll really want to enjoy all the courses) and you'll go home with fabulous memories.

nyc
“Always good”
Reviewed July 22, 2008

For the last 15 years we always go here and it is always great.
Not on the water but great food.
Make sure you call for a reservation