“Best food on the island.. hemisphere?”

L'Auberge Gourmande
Ranked #4 of 68 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Exceptional food. Friendly personal service. Went to Grand Case for the weekly Carnival parade. So many choices to eat. Found the best. Not cheap, but worth every sou.

1  Thank J R
Write a ReviewReviews (1,670)

Reviewed July 7, 2014

It doesn't get any better than this. Service is friendly, attentive and very competent. Location on Grand Case certainly helps in comparing menus and prices. However, the actual dining experience is what seals the deal. Food is cooked to the diner's specific taste and served in a most attractive manner. The food itself is wonderful and will go into your memory bank as one of the best meals ever. Desserts are delicious and continue the ambiance of the evening. I recommend reservations.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

We have been to this excellent restaurant many times but this is the first time to write a review.
Pascal knows how to run his business, the entire staff is attentive and timely, the food
speaks for itself-- outstanding!

Many thanks for another one of a kind dinning experience.

2  Thank james a
Reviewed July 2, 2014

By far the best meal I have had in years. Service was also the best I experienced in Grand Case by far. Didnt have to ask for a thing by the time you thought you needed water or wine or anything it was already coming out to you. The meal was exquisite and i am not exaggerating when it was the best meal I have had in years. Filet with morel mushroom sauce and vegetable accompaniments as well as potatoes were out of this world. Do not pass this establishment. Make a reservation it is small and cozy and very popular.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

My husband and I had our New Year's Eve dinner here. It was wonderful! We had the shrimp and scallop with white wine sauce in puff pastry for an appetizer. We also celebrated with a bottle of Laurent-Perrier Champagne which was fabulous! I had the sea bass which I had seen pictures of and it tasted as good as I had imagined it would. My husband enjoyed the filet mignon and thought it was very good, also. It was a special meal on a special night and we are going back next year for an encore performance!

1  Thank Jaki H