“Great Place”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
new jersey
“Great Place”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

all of the menu and the service was great we went back 2 times.
Place is very small so you must make a reservation.
Would go back anytime.

Visited January 2014

New York City, New York
“Average and Poor”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Unfortunately this restaurant didn't live up to our expectations food was averageThe service and decor are very good but the food was very disappointing. very expensive and not confortable place to dine.

2 Thank okler c
New York, USA
“Excellent in every way”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We tried many of the recommended well rated restaurants on the island and L'Auberge Gourmande was the best, hands down. Every dish was delicious - I can say that b/c the 6 of us always try each other's dishes and/or do family style. One dish was better than the next. Even my toddler's salmon kids meal with rice was yummie. The French Onion soup was the best I have ever had and is a must.

Ambiance was unpretentious old-world and service was very attentive but not overbearing.

Flavors were very french with some fusion influences.

About us; We are from NYC and are food aficionados (read: we eat lots of delicious food and very often!). I am pretty demanding and dont rate restaurants as excellent very often and this place truly deserves the honor.

Other places we tried and quick comparison:

Le Pimiento - solid pizzas and some of the specials (which they have a long list of) are excellent; get the seafood risotto and foi gras app. The rib-eye steak was far superior to the flank. Pork stew was not special at all.

Le Petit Bistro - bad; dont waste your time.

Bistro Caraibe - good but not all dishes. The Lobster Thermidor was expensive but was by far the best entre - was actually worth the 60E we paid for it. It was amazing. Other dishes were good too but not excellent. I like the modern ambiance here and my toddler enjoyed the live lobsters and got to pick one out and touch it.

Tropicana - we heard so many glowing reviews of this place and it didn't impress. Was inferior to L'Auberge Gourmande in every way. My pasta with shrimp dish was surprisingly one of the better dishes on the table and it shouldn't have been. Everything needed salt and more flavor.

La Villa (Grand Case) - this is one of the best rated restaurants on the island and for the life of me I can't figure out why it has that reputation. We had a really bad experience there (maybe it was an off night but I doubt it) - food ranged from not special to really bad; service was poor and inattentive, place is bigger than others and doesn't feel as nice and intimate. I got a lobster dish that was terrible and overpriced for the tiny amount of lobster it came with. Lobster bisque was watery and flavorless. Other dishes were just ok but nothing to brag about. I would skip.

Delray Beach, Florida
“Harmony Night Party”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Pascal and company continue to delight us year after year on Tuesday in Grand Case. This intimate restaurant is a must visit for L'escargot and Frog Legs. Food, service and an excellent wine list is more than worth it. A fixture in Grand Case for as many years as we have been visiting (13) and counting, this is solid, must visit restaurant. Our daughter, MacKenzie, still loves the dover sole the best here in Grand Case.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Robert T
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent coconut sauce on Chilean seabass”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Went here with a group of 7 adults this past weekend and I am only reviewing what my wife and I had for dinner. I didn't try the other entrees. My wife ordered the Sautéed Chilean sea bass filet and shrimp, served with coconut sauce and it was terrific! I don't really like eating cooked fish, more of a sushi person, but this fish was truly awesome. I believe it was awesome because of the coconut sauce. Damn it was terrific. I ordered the scallops with saffron sauce and I thought the scallops were bland. Didn't have a great taste of them. It needed some salt. It was just ok for me. Anyways, I checked my credit card statement online and it seems they overcharged me by $20. Bill came out to $223 EUR and they listed it as $285 USD. My CC statement says $305...need to contact my CC now.