“Another winner for dinner!”

L'Auberge Gourmande
Ranked #4 of 68 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I have been coming to St.Maarten every year for the past 5 years. We love the french side and Grand Case. The best restaurants on the island. We didn't have a res. and I really wanted Dover Sole. We lucked out. We got the last table for 2. There was a very large group so it was a bit loud but that did not hurt the service. Everything was outstanding! Traditional french cooking, beautiful island restaurant and wonderful owner! We loved it! Another great one for next years visit!

There are newer reviews for L'Auberge Gourmande

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Our first French restaurant in Grand Case and it was superb. The Sea Bass was out of this world and everyone in our party of 4 greatly enjoyed their meal and dessert.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

great food, wonderful staff . service top notch. when in grand case this is the place to dine. soft atmosphere and full of local charm. the food is expertly prepared and the wine selection can be perfectly matched to your food selection. i can suggest that you make reservations especially in high season as it is not a large place and thereby avoid a lenghty wait. it has become well known to visitors seeking delicious food .

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We had dinner here on a Sunday night. The restaurant staff was extremely overwhelmed, we must have caught them on a bad night.

That said, the food was delicious and well prepared.

We ordered a bottle of white wine with our dinner. Appetizers were brought but our wine was nowhere to be seen. I pointed this out to one of the servers who had to rush to get our bottle and hurriedly have me taste it before proceeding it to pour to me first and then the other people at my table, which surprised me, as you usually serve the others first and the taster last.
Then once again as we were having our main dishes, our glasses were empty but no one came to refill them. The bottle was kept cold away from our table so I had to ask the server to refill our wine glasses. The server filled our glasses way too much and then saw that there was still some wine left in the bottle and plonked it into my glass! I got the message that he was too busy to pour measuredly and carefully a third time.
I did notice that the clientele was mostly American, so perhaps the staff feels that it need not follow traditional French guidelines of restaurant service?
I do not mean to sound snobby but given the price of food and the atmosphere at this restaurant I was expecting a more elevated style of serving.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

My Girlfriend and I began our 1 week stay in Grand Case by Dining at L'Auberge on Feb. 27th. We made a reservation 3 weeks before our visit since it is one of the top restaurants. I'm glad we did as the restaurant was busy and several guests were asked to make a reservation for another night. It is a very nice place but not that big so if you are traveling in the high season I recommend that you make a reservation. The food was spectacular, especially the Chilean Sea Bass. My girlfriend had the whole grilled sole which was also delicious. The staff was courteous and attentive although they forgot about my wine for a 10 minutes, it was brought with my meal along with an apology for forgetting. No big deal. Prices were in line with other similar Grand Case French Restaurants in Grand Case. Highly recommend L'Auberge if you are into Fine French Dining.