“Sippin' On Banana Caramel Rum” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 65 Restaurants in Grand Case
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sippin' On Banana Caramel Rum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Just got home from dinner. I really enjoyed my meal. The Dover Sole deboned table-side was a perfect touch. The chocolate dessert was good but not great. Loved the Banana Caramel Rum so much, I bought a bottle for the rest of the week here in St. Maarten. I plan on buying another for my bar back home. I might even revisit before leaving. Definitely a can't miss dining experience.

Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
“DELISH!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Thanks to the recommendation of Bistrot Caraibes we tried L'Auberge Gourmande our final night in St. Martin and it was delectable! Our waiter greeted us with a glass of complimentary champagne and everything about this meal was rich, buttery and oh so delicious! We started with one of the specials, the duck egg rolls. I had no idea duck could be so delicious. Next up, we split the caesar and mixed green salads which were fresh and tasty. For the main course I had the phyllo pastry stuffed with tenderly braised seasonal vegetables served on a bed of spinach and mushrooms and my boyfriend enjoyed the filet mignon. To finish the meal we both sipped on a bottomless glass of restaurant made rum infused with vanilla, coconut and banana. YUM!!
Thanks to L'Auberge Gourmande for sending us off 'The Friendly Island' with smiles in our tummies and daydreaming of the next time we get to visit Pascual and all the friendly folks of Grand Case.

“Intimate Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

We tried L'Auberge based on what we read in Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed. A wonderful meal start to finish. Food is tops with excellent presentation. I would have liked Pascal to suggest a different wine but other than that it was a great dining experience.

Midlothian, Virginia
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This was the most elegant restaurant we dined at in in St. Martin. The food was fantastic as well. The staff attentive and took great pride and care in everything they did. I would put this on the "can't miss" list if you are going to St. Martin.

Birdsboro, Pennsylvania, United States
“exceeding expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My wife and I were looking for a special restaurant to celebrate our anniversary while vacationing on St Martin so our standards were set high going into the evening.... and L'Auberge Gourmande exceeded any level of expectation we could imagine. The service and the food were exceptional. I've eaten in top notch restaurants throughout the states and this meal rivaled the very best. When we thought it could not get any better, the owner stepped in and made us feel extra special. Once he learned of our anniversary, he treated us to a glass of champagne, a special dessert and a warm anniverary wish. If you are looking for an excellent meal on the island go to L'Auberege Gourmande.