“The BEST place to stay, dine and relax on St. Maarten! Everything was PERFECT!”

El Zafiro Boutique Hotel
Ranked #16 of 132 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I recently stayed at El Zafiro, along with another couple of friends of ours. First- this hotel is in the PERFECT location on St. Maarten. You are tucked away on a private beach only minutes from everything. This is a boutique hotel with only 8 roooms that are more like luxury suites. We had a seperate living room and desk area in our room, which was perfect. Every little detail was thought out when they designed these rooms - the bed was SO COMFY and the pillows were amazing!!

The food at the restaurant was OUTSTANDING. We eneded up eating all of our meals here becuase the food was just so incredible. We had the coconut shrimp appetizer almost every night - it was THAT GOOD!!!! My husband had the red snapper and I had the chicken parm, both which were outstanding. For lunch we had burgers and they were delicious. The drink selection was great and they had everything on the menu. The service was excellent and they all provided such a warm hospitality. The beach was stunning and crystal clear blue water. They had super comfy beach chairs and umbrellas for you to relax in.

The owners Ed & Nikki are the sweetest family you will ever meet. You can tell that they take such pride in their business and will do everything to make sure you have the most amazing vacation.

I will for sure be back and I highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking for the perfect St. Maarten getaway! Thank you El Zafiro for a wonderful vacation!! I cannot wait to come back!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lies from the beginning. The management is lying. I decided to book a quiet room. The hotel is located on a very nice beach, but right behind the airport runway. I knew that, but at night there is no air traffic. For this I received a room a few meters next to the restaurant and bar. No adequate noise protection through good windows. It would still have been possible with ear plugs, but on the second day, five mega loudspeakers and a drum set were built a few meters from my bedroom, for a live band for a wedding party that nobody had told me about. It would take until late at night, the receptionist was anxious, but helpless, the managers, Americans, were not for me to speak. After hours of discussion and internet search, I changed in the evening to another sinful hotel without a beach to sleep the last nights. I did not receive a bill and thought the hotel did not charge me because of all these problems. In fact, my credit card was debited over $ 1000, - for three nights, of which I only spent one there. The hotel did not respond to Emails or a letter. It took weeks of effort by booking.com and the credit card company to return the money for two nights. NEVER AGAIN!

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank fliegenhasser
Reviewed May 9, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I spent 5 days at El Zafiro! It was an absolutely amazing experience in every way! Nicole, the owner was extremely friendly and accommodating and the employees were superb! They went out of their way each time they saw us to greet us, offer suggestions and ask about our day! The rooms are super clean and well decorated! The patio with the view of the water was true heaven! The beach was nice and quiet and Rafael made sure we had what we needed each day! Annie made sure we had our drinks and gave us great recommendations! We are totally smitten over El Zafiro and Sxm! We will be back! We can’t thank you enough for such an amazing getaway!

Reviewed May 5, 2019 via mobile

We just returned from a two week stay at El Zafiro. The trip was wonderful and the hotel and bar/restaurant are great. The beach front location offers stunning views with the sounds of the waves every night. Everyone on the staff are friendly and helpful. We highly recommend El Zafiro!

1  Thank SXM-Cat
Reviewed April 26, 2019

My wife and I launched out to meet friends who were also celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary in Sint Maarten. Our friends were familiar with the hotel. Upon arrival, we were welcomed at the airport with the complimentary shuttle to the hotel. After a quick ride and check-in, we found our room wonderful decorated with rose petals and a complimentary bottle of chilled wine to commemorate our anniversary. The room was spacious and comfortable. It had been recently renovated due to the hurricane damage of 2017. The room had the normal amenities and we enjoyed our stay.

The view from the room was spectacular and we were only steps away from the beach. The staff was very helpful and the beach was not crowded. Waters were comfortable and clean with NO street vendors. The open air restaurant provides food and drink service to the beach and serves wonderful cuisine throughout the day. The restaurant staff was also very attentive.

This is an older hotel which is still recovering from the hurricane but it is wonderfully nice and in a tremendous location adjacent to the airport and on a fairly private beach. It's a short walk to Maho Bay and a short drive to Simpson Bay and Phillipsburg. If you seek a high end hotel, this is not it. If you seek a wonderful, privately owned, boutique hotel in a great location with great service, you have found it.