“excellent experience”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I loved the restaurant. A little hard to find but worth finding. Patrice was wonderful-great service compared to other places on the island. Located in Simpson Bay with a view of the water, we found the setting very peaceful. The vegetable ceviche was unique and refreshing. I had the filet and it was perfectly cooked. My husband had the duck special and he thought it was outstanding. The pecan pie was a perfect ending. All the portions were good and the prices were reasonable.

1  Thank Liz F

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Beautiful bar and water front dining. This is a nice update to the former Saratoga building. Try the steaks you will not be disappointed. Someone in you party is more picky the they must get The Burger. The view is amazing.

2  Thank SXMERB
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Wow, the food ambience and staff were amazing. Literarily. I took a group of sophisticated (and jaded) New Yorkers to Sint Maarten to celebrate a milestone birthday. We had dinner at Charter house and we were all blown away. Every single dish was amazing!!! I had scallops and shrimp and it was cooked to perfection. Someone else had duck, another tuna and the list goes on. Everyone was impressed and the dessert of lemon meringue pie and pecan pie was just to die for. The staff was solicitous and superb and the atmosphere elegant and inviting. I will go back there if I am fortunate to find myself on the beautiful island of Sint Maarten again!

1  Thank Joy-Marie K
Reviewed May 26, 2014

So happy to see this gorgeous restaurant has re-opened as Charter House. It is a hidden gem, set far off the street with lovely waterside dining. The rich wood throughout gives it a very rich, classy feel and the new bar they put in is super sexy. The cocktail menu was top notch and their mixologist nailed all of our drinks. They have 2 big round tables, perfect for larger groups. Everything that came out of the kitchen was perfect and delicious. Ludo was a great waiter, making us laugh though out our meal. We will surely be back. Don't miss this new gem!

2  Thank kcpingc
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Food was great, nice bar area, service was great!
Waiters were very attentive and helped put together a veggie dish!

2  Thank KaysFineJewelry