“Fabulous experience”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 17, 2014

We went to this restaurant twice because we loved it so much while in St. Martin. We used to frequent the previous restaurant (Saratoga) that was in this same location and were sad to see it close. However, the food at Charterhouse and the whole experience is much better. Our waiter, Ludo, was one of the best waiter's we have ever had and was so funny and delightful even when the restaurant was very busy. The spicy shrimp salad was a perfect appetizer (you will kill yourself if you don't order this) and the pork obsession was excellent (I loved it better than my ribeye I had the second time although the ribeye was delicious). I ordered the raspberry martini at the suggestion of Ludo and it was wonderful. My husband had the Mojito and it was by far the best Mojito ever. Others at our table had the whole Sea Bass (twice) and duck confit and raved over them. The atmosphere is incredible with a wonderful breeze coming over the bay and you can see the twinkling lights in the hills over the water. The boats tied up, great music and wonderful service and food, I can't say enough about this restaurant/experience. I would give 10 stars if I could.

2  Thank deancat

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Date: beautiful
Atmosphere : perfect
Food: filet (done to perfection)
Wine: by the glass and bottle on multiple occasions chosen perfectly by server
Server: Ludo ( classy, polite, funny, French, knowledgeable, unseen at the right moments)
Desserts: rich and varied

Martini? : cucumber! Don't miss this one!

Staff: catered to every need above and beyond!

2  Thank TeacherRon
Reviewed May 5, 2014

The restaurant opened in Jan 2014. This was our first time there. The food is absolutely delicious and the atmosphere is wonderful. It is located right on the water. The prices are a little bit high but it is well worth it.

2  Thank DOREEN F
Reviewed April 30, 2014

My husband and I ate dinner here on April 24th. The restaurant is beautiful and our table was right on the water. We both had the filet that came with fondante potatoes and asparagus and it was excellent. The service was great. This is a fairly new restaurant and we thought it looked familiar. We asked and this used to be the Saratoga. I recommend this restaurant for dinner. It has a romantic atmosphere.

2  Thank drruck
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Had to try it - loved it. Staff were very attentive and the food was great. They made a special vegetarian meal for me and it was quite good. I would eat here again.

3  Thank dmoranosmith