“Great Excursion!” 5 of 5 bubbles

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Excursion!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I did the Rhino Rider's excursion on our Royal Caribbean Cruise. We were so pleased with our choice. The ride was a lot of fun, the beach they took us to was great and we also got some amazing photos. I would definitely recommend for anyone looking for a great day on the water!

Atlanta, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“awesome adventure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

We didn't mind the slight overcast when we ventured out with our tour guide, Venus. He took us on an awesome ride our to Creole Rock where we opened the engine and soared over the waves. The waves were choppy and bouncing up and down on the cushion seats inside the Rhino didn't have mercy on my bottom, but it was worth every min. I thoroughly enjoyed my 50th birthday ride!

Tea, South Dakota, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wonderful Time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

We went on the Rhino excursion on 6/12/2013 and had a great time! Even thought he waters were a bit rough when we got outside the bay the views and the snorkeling were wonderful! This is a MUST for anyone visiting the island!

Long Island, NY
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Don't Ignore The Negative Reviews!!(Rhino Safari is same tour)”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I gave this a "very good" initially but after reading the negative reviews, I realized that my incident wasn't an isolated one. When we first got to the check-in spot, we were the only ones there. We were told that they messed up on the time and didn't realize they had a tour at that time. Others came later and were told a different time. With that said, we received our instructions, safety signals and route and were put in our boats. My boat was not going as fast as others but we were flying on the water. I didn't expect to do so much driving out on the water. They had to circle around to get me once and I thought that it was me but I had the boat on full speed. Once getting off and snorkeling it seemed like we were there for 15 minutes before being told to come back to the boats. Upon leaving several of the boats, including mine stalled after being started. Our guide Neil kept going from boat to boat restarting the crafts. Initially, I thought this was an isolated incident but after reading the negative reviews I know that this happens often enough. Well my boat ended up stalling and couldn't be restarted and eventually we towed my boat to a beach and my son and I rode on Neil's boat with him sitting on the front steering. He kept complaining that we were way over our time and this kept stressing me out cuz I felt like it was my fault but I now see, it wasn't. While we were riding, it was really fun and yet scary for someone like me who has never even been on a jet ski!! I would like to have been able to rent it like a jet ski though and ride at my own pace. Still really cool tho!

Hoboken, New Jersey
“Such a fun experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I recently were on Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas and on our stop in St Maarten we took the Rhino Rider excursion. It was such a blast and so different from other excursions. It was nice to drive your own machine and see the beautiful landscapes of both the Dutch and French sides of the island.

We stopped at Creole Rock and it opened up into a sun shower which was great to swim around and explore the beach.

I wish the boats went a bit faster, but was overall a great experience - would highly recommend!

Visited May 2013