“An extremely fun and relaxing trip!”
Review of Lambada & Tango

and up
Anguilla Day Trip from St Maarten: Catamaran Sail with Snorkeling at Shoal Bay
Ranked #10 of 39 Tours in Simpson Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Lambada and Tango are custom built catamarans that offer great sailing excursions to Anguilla, Prickly Pear, Cove Bay and coastal St Maarten charters. We look forward to having you on board!
Melbourne, Florida
“An extremely fun and relaxing trip!”
Reviewed July 1, 2011

A wonderful way to spend a day when visiting St. Maarten, especially if you are into snorkeling. The crew was fun and worked hard to ensure everyone had a great time and I couldn't believe how fast the day went by.

Visited June 2011

High Point, North Carolina
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best day of our vacation!”
Reviewed June 7, 2011

The trip with The Lambada was the highlight of our vacation. The food, spirits and crew were awsome! I can't wait to go back out with them again. They really know how to show you a great time!

Visited November 2010
1 Thank DanaR49212
thunder bay
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Amazing time! Best day of trip.”
Reviewed January 30, 2011

My husband and I took the one day trip to Prickly Pear, and it was nothing short of perfect. The catamaran is very large so there was no problem with sea sickness although the ocean was choppy the day we went. I spent the entire time on the nets on the bow of the catamaran as I didn't want to miss a thing. The views were amazing! This trip is probably not the best choice for children as the day we went there were only adults. The snorkeling on Prickly Pear was truly gorgeous - the largest variety of fish I have ever seen - including Grand Caymans and St. Lucia. I was certainly hesitant to book this tour as other reviews have called this a "booze cruise" and we are not big drinkers. The "booze" is included - rum punch, beer and wine - but, it was definitely not a binge cruise. We met so many wonderful people - all equally in awe of the surreal beauty of this island. The crew of Lambada were sincere, extremely attentive and very friendly. They were always there offering drinks and snacks (fresh sliced baguette, cheese and apple slices - so good!), and also provided wonderful conversation about their experiences, life, etc. The crew were incredibly warm and welcoming. A barbecue lunch was also included. We had a choice of fish, chicken or chicken and ribs. You can't go wrong with any choice. the lunch was very substantial and very tasty. I certainly can't say enough positive things about this cruise. It was the best day of our trip! An absolute must do for adults!

Visited January 2011
4 Thank sxmtravel
Mystic, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Best Day Ever!!”
Reviewed December 8, 2010

We were in St. Martin for the week of November 20 - the 27th and wanted a day where we could just relax and be on the water and enjoy ourselves without worrying about anything. That was exactly what a trip on the Lambada provided us with. From the minute we boarded, the crew was outstanding.
They immediately started serving rum punch, soda, beer...etc...the minute your cup was empty they would come around and offer you another drink. Then they started serving apples, cheese, and baguettes, which was a perfect little snack to go with all the drinks. Our snorkle stop was AWESOME. The seas were a bit choppy in the morning but the clarity was stunning on the reef and the water was the most amazing color blue. We were there for about an hour or maybe longer. Once we got back on board we headed to Anguilla and once again, the crew was constantly filling up your cup and they had cheese and apples and bread on the bar if you were hungry. We had lunch at a little restaurant that they set up for us on the beach in Anguilla. It was AWESOME! I'm a vegetarian, so usually these beach BBQ things on trips don't work for me, but they actually had a vegetarian option (tell them prior to hopping on board). You had a choice of ribs, chicken, fish....I think...and something else....and pasta salad, rice, cole slaw....and some other things. Plenty of food and it was really good. They also had more rum punch, clean facilities, and a nice beach. We were here for about an hour or so and then it was time to hop on board and sail back to St. Martin. My favorite part was probably when they killed the engine and we were just sailing and it was so quiet and beautiful. My boyfriend and I really enjoyed this day trip and decided that next time we go on vacation we're going to try to do something like this at least 2 or 3 times because it was such a fun, carefree, beautiful day!

Virginia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Beautiful trip, great food; wish we had gone without the rest of the group!”
Reviewed July 7, 2010

We signed up for the trip to Prickly Pear on the Lambada hoping to snorkel, snorkel- and- more snorkel. The others on the boat were a little rowdy from all the free rum punch (we anticipated this) and were there to drink & beach- not necessarily snorkel.

Snorkeling around Prickly Pear was AMAZING. Thousands of fish of many colors & no worries about the bigger fish (ie- sharks) because they don't come to that reef. The water is crystal clear and the reef is beautiful. If you do go, swim to the far side of the reef. You will not be disappointed. The equipment they give you is good, too. We brought our own, but liked theirs better. They offer snorkel "belts" to help you float for the not-so-great swimmers or for those who want to stay out for a long time.

Lunch was lovely- we had the fish and recommend it. I enjoyed the break from the sun in the pavilion, but we were rushed out because the next group had to eat (another tour boat). The open bar was lovely, the snacks were perfectly timed, & the small talk with the crew was good. They did deliver great service.

Prickly Pear is a "hot" island; there is not a lot of shade. Wear LOTS of sunscreen and flip-flops on the beach. The beach is beautiful and the water is perfect for lounging & wading.

Warning: the crew will bring your bags ashore and leave them on the beach. Not somewhere secure or out of direct sunlight (watch out for your camera & phone!). And you & your tour group will not be the only people at this island. Leave your bag on the boat if you want to swim & snorkel. Let it also be known, there is no where to "stow away" your bag. No lockers or hold. You'll just leave it on the bench seat of the catamaran- or if you're lucky- under the seat.

The boat trip was very comfortable & beautiful. But a word of warning for non-boaters: you have to "pump" the toilets on the boat to flush them. Not for the dainty. And, it seems, many people don't know how to...

And now the downside: we were almost left behind on Prickly Pear.

When we got to the island and began snorkeling, I asked the crew when lunch was going to be served and they replied that they would round us up (they were on the dinghy in the water) and let us know. They did not. Fortunately, I had popped up several times to see what was going on at shore and saw the others on the beach moving toward lunch. So we swam ashore.

At lunch, I asked the captain when the boat would be leaving. He said, "Island time." That was fine with me, but would someone get us, because we will be snorkeling? He assured me that they would. I thought someone from the crew would be back out on the dinghy. They were not.

That, too, was okay with me (I am a strong swimmer) but I wondered about those who may not be...

So, off we go, leaving our bag on the beach where we stopped to apply more sunscreen and back to more fabulous snorkeling. It seemed everyone else from the boat stayed on shore. Why??? I have no idea!

Finally, I pop my head up and see that a few people are being shuttled back to the catamaran from the beach and decide to swim to shore to make sure our bags get put on the dinghy. As I swam past the catamaran, a crew from another ship called out to us- "Isn't that your ship?"

We see that everyone has already been shuttled on-board from the beach and they had brought the anchor up. We swam back towards the Lambada quickly. The crew called out to us, "Are you with us?" We shouted, "Yes! We have to get our bags on the beach!" and they said to scurry aboard. One of the crew took my husband back to the beach in the dinghy while the captain derided my husband and me for not leaving our bags at the Lambada sign. No one- and I mean no one- had said anything to us about leaving your bags at the Lambada sign to ensure they get back to the boat. In fact, I didn't even know there was one. Even so, we had no idea what time it was and were told not to worry about it, someone will get us and let us know when it was time to leave.

Not so much as a peep of apology. In fact, I was startled by how rude the captain was. He went on & on (while my husband was getting zoomed back to the beach for our bags) about how stupid my husband was and about idiot tourists to the rest of the group. It was as if I weren't standing right there. I couldn't believe the gall! He claimed to have made a head count- which, clearly, they did not. Because if they had, they would've found two people were missing.

If we had not be called out to by another boat's crew, the Lambada would have sailed without us.

No worries? Island time? BS! Snorkelers- don't trust them. They are not watching out for you. They clearly have no idea who is part of their group and who is not. If you don't chill on the beach with the others, you will get left behind. Which is a shame because this was, I thought, supposed to be a snorkeling trip.

And the other downside: simply put, being with other tourists. The group we were with were there to get drunk. Which is alright- I enjoy rum punch as much as the next guy- but most people are not here for the adventure and sightseeing which disappointed me a little bit.

I would recommend finding another tour to Prickly Pear if you want to snorkel.

3 Thank VacatingBlonde