“Christmas Day on the Lambada”

Aqua Mania Adventures
Anguilla Day Trip from St Maarten Including Lunch
Ranked #8 of 39 Tours in Simpson Bay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Aqua Mania Adventures offers daytrips on Edge to Saba & St Barts, daysails on Lambada & Tango to Angulla and Prickly Pear, Dinner and Sunset sails on Lambada & Tango, Scuba diving with Dive Adventures, inflatable boat rides with Rock 'n Roll, Half Day snorkel trips on Sand Dollar, around the island on Santino, Calypso Dinner Cruises to Marigot and is a One Stop Shop for Vacation Fun!
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Christmas Day on the Lambada”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

This was the most awesome Christmas Day adventure ever! My husband and I believe we got so much value for our money. The crew was extremely attentive, knowledgeable and kind! Knowing they essentially gave up their Christmas Day for us was on my mind, but they didn't bat an eye. The $95 price includes open bar, plentiful snacks and a hearty lunch...oh I forgot the snorkeling and visit to Anguilla. This was a highlight of our trip and I will recommend this company and in particular this boat trip to everyone. It should be noted that the trip is from 9-5 (practically an entire day of sailing, snorkeling and sun)! Awesome!

1 Thank Mary S

• Polish first
Grand Rapids, Michigan
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“A blast! Could not have been more fun”
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

The bar was truly open from 9 am until 5. The captain and crew were fun and professional at the same time. The snorkeling at Prickly Pear was pretty good on the day we were there. Saw some brilliant blue fish in schools. Also diving from the boat was equally fun, snacks passed by crew several times (bread, cheese, apples). Anguilla beach stop on powder fine sand, crystal clear water, good lunch on Anguilla--fabulous sail back on the netting of the boat. All in all well worth the price.

1 Thank Egrtraveler
Matlacha, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A day on the water”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We took a ride on the Edge. The winds had been blowing, and the water a bit rough, but the Captain was expert, and it was so fun. A day wondering on St. Barth's was the prize. Easy ride back with the wind at out backs.

Boston, Massachusetts
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Daytrip to Saba”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Aqua Mania Adventures is a business located on the grounds of the Simpson Bay Resort. In fact, if you are staying at this resort, the Aqua Mania booking office is where guests may pick up their beach towels and swap the used ones for fresh.

To avoid a credit card surcharge, pre-pay online. But please note that even though Aqua Mania advertised on their website a special 10% off all excursions for charging with your Discover card from Oct - Dec 2013, there was no way to actually select that particular card online at my time of booking. However, the company made it right for me when I paid in person on the day of our outing.

The trip itself was casual with a ton of waiting - waiting in line to buy our tickets, waiting after our check-in for the ferry to begin boarding at 9am, waiting as we made our way out to Saba on the 90 min trip one way, waiting for the rest of our taxi's fellow passengers, waiting for my fellow hikers (or more like their waiting for me!) as we made our way up the rain forest covered mountain and back again, waiting for our our fellow taxi passengers for the ride back, and the 90 min trip back again.

Now I'm glad I went on this hike, but I must say, if I had known just how tough it was, I might have reconsidered. You'll want to be pretty fit to do this within the time allotted so that you make it back to the meeting spot appointed by the cab driver in time to get back to the ferry to St. Maarten after all!

The hike was pretty steep with quite a number of stairs to climb at times. The path is clear and you take the same one up that you return on. Trash cans are helpfully placed by a handful of shelters. Given that it was a rain forest, the ground was damp and slippery at times with slick moss and leaves. Be careful and wear shoes with a good grip on the soles - we managed it with sneakers, but we also watched where we placed our feet. Bring water, but not too much as it gets heavier as you make your way up.

We were fortunate that the view from the top was clear when we got there, as it is not always the case.

The ferry ride was a bit rough, so we drank some of the gingerale provided by the open bar in order to calm our stomachs. I appreciated that the captain pointed out the pod of dolphins and slowed down so that we could try to spot them on the way back.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank shutternut0
Boston, Massachusetts
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Ferry to Saba”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

The ferry to Saba was a lot smaller than I had imagined, especially since we were going to be on it for 90 minutes as we sailed through the ocean from one Caribbean island to another. And it was a bit wavy, but it did the job (as did the ginger pills I swallowed and the gingerale I drank). Speaking of which, drinks were provided on the ride - water and sodas were available options. And there were also facilities available should you need to relieve yourself on the ride (aka a bathroom).

The ferry took off shortly after 8am even though we were instructed to check in by 7am; guess we could have attempted to check in early and then head off to breakfast inbetween instead of hitting Bon Appetite around 6:30am (they were the only spot that was open early enough within walking distance of Aqua Mania.

This was not a cheap trip - the two way daytrip cost $80 per adult with a $12 additional per person port fee, and we also got the $35pp Saba lunch and tour package, which provided us with a sack lunch and an adrenaline filled ride on narrow streets along the side of the mountain called Saba.

Our driver wisely dropped us off at the higher spot along the hiking path up the mountain. I basically died on the trip up - it took us about 80 minutes to make it up, with many pauses so that I could catch up to myself (as I put it), and about 105 min to make it down to the very bottom. The rainforest we walked through was quite pretty and interesting, but I would recommend good shoes with good soles since wetness made leaves and rocks a bit slick, although we were able to make it in our sneakers. I would also recommend bringing a change of tops to change into after the hike's end. Otherwise, pack light!

The same taxi later picked us up several minutes before 2pm to haul us back to the ferry for our 2:30 departure back to Sint Maarten.

Passports are required as these are each a different country, and we had to get checked at the Harbor Office upon both arrival and departure.

Visited October 2013