Stayed here from 10th til 16th May 13. Carter is a really genuine and helpful guy, even gave me some aftersun he had for my sunburn! Location really couldn't be better, some reviews mention excessive noise but if I'm honest, I didn't notice it once.
Rooms are very clean and adequate, maid service every day except Sunday.
Pool is small to be fair but it does the job and there are a few sunbeds and umbrellas.
Plenty of bars and restaurants within easy walking distance, and if you fancy a big sandwich, with hot or cold fillings I would recommend "Little Jerusalem', about 1 minute from the hotel, beats Subway any day!
I went for the aviation really, and two days running I walked to and from the Sunset Beach Bar on Maho Beach, took me 40-45 minutes, but very frequent busses will do the same job for about $1.50.
So would I recommend the Turquoise Shell Inn?
Yeah absolutely, I'd happily return in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small 10 room Inn located in the heart of Simpson Bay. Easy walking distance to all manner of shopping. Simpson Bay beach just our the back gate. Each unit is a small one bedroom apartment with equipped kitchen and private air cionditioned bedroom ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Turquoise Shell Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turquoise Shell Hotel Simpson Bay
- Turquoise Shell Simpson Bay
- Turquoise Shell Inn St. Maarten-St. Martin/Simpson Bay