We stayed here during the Heineken regatta, it was a last minute reservation after our other accommodations with friends fell through. We didn't have a car, and the location was great for walking to town, and it was easy to get a taxi as well. The room has all the basic necessities, and it was nice to have the kitchen although we didn't use anything but the fridge. As others have commented, I have never seen a towel sign like theirs before (you will be charged extra if the white towels become stained). It seems to me that with all white towels, bleach would be an easy solution to that problem. We had an odd encounter with the manager/owner when we wanted to check out. As requested, my friend called the "front desk" to let him know that we planned to leave within the next 30 minutes. He told her that wouldn't be a convenient time for him to come downstairs, and he told her to come by in an hour instead. When she told me this, I called back and let him know that we would either check out now as requested, or leave our luggage in the room while we went to get breakfast, and check out when we return. He said that wouldn't be enough time for the housekeepers to clean, so I responded "Not a problem, we'll just check out now then." And we did. We enjoyed our stay here, but the exit process certainly made us uncomfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small 10 room Inn located in the heart of Simpson Bay. Easy walking distance to all manner of shopping. Simpson Bay beach just our the back gate. Each unit is a small one bedroom apartment with equipped kitchen and private air cionditioned bedroom ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Turquoise Shell Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turquoise Shell Hotel Simpson Bay
- Turquoise Shell Simpson Bay
- Turquoise Shell Inn St. Maarten-St. Martin/Simpson Bay