My daughter treated me to a birthday trip to St. Maarten. She found this wonderful Inn that was close to everything we needed, yet felt like an island hide-away. The room was very clean, and well equipped. Room is an understatement, this is more like a one bedroom apartment. Kitchen with full size refrigerator, stove/oven, microwave, dishes and utensils. Many restaurants within a short walk but also grocery stores if you wanted to cook there. We loved The Palms restaurant which is almost in front of the Inn, (rated in another of my reviews)! The Inn is across the street (not a very busy street) from Simpson Bay beach. We were provided with beach towels and snorkel equipment to explore the Bay. We had a rental car to drive but also took the bus to Phillipsburg. This is the only place I have stayed at in St. Maarten, but would certainly go back and suggest you go see for yourself! Carter and Cornelia are friendly and the whole staff made our stay even better. And the only bugs were a few mosquitos!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small 10 room Inn located in the heart of Simpson Bay. Easy walking distance to all manner of shopping. Simpson Bay beach just our the back gate. Each unit is a small one bedroom apartment with equipped kitchen and private air cionditioned bedroom ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Turquoise Shell Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turquoise Shell Hotel Simpson Bay
- Turquoise Shell Simpson Bay
- Turquoise Shell Inn St. Maarten-St. Martin/Simpson Bay