This cozy little inn in Simpson Bay near the airport in Sint Maarten was a good base of operation for my wanting to make day trips to the many nearby islands via small plane airlines and ferries. You get to choose your room when you book and you can reserve online and make an initial payment via credit card. I chose a second floor room (called first floor on their website using the European terminology as to floor designations.) which is selected from a list on their website showing the dates that a particular room is available. Carter, the manager and owner, was very friendly and helpful. Off season good price. They have a small pool and if you walk across the alley in the back, you are on a sandy beach after a few steps. My "room" (Room 10) had a combined spacious full kitchen and living room with TV and wi-fi, 110- electricity and ceiling and floor fans. The large bedroom had a big bed, closet and chest of drawers and A/C. The bathroom was clean and nice including a European style body wash and shampoo dispenser in the shower. Carter helped setup some solo tours and made one of the ferry reservations for me. There is a McDonald's and supermarket less than a block away as well as many restaurants and shops on nearby Simpson Bay road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small 10 room Inn located in the heart of Simpson Bay. Easy walking distance to all manner of shopping. Simpson Bay beach just our the back gate. Each unit is a small one bedroom apartment with equipped kitchen and private air cionditioned bedroom ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Turquoise Shell Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turquoise Shell Hotel Simpson Bay
- Turquoise Shell Simpson Bay
- Turquoise Shell Inn St. Maarten-St. Martin/Simpson Bay