“Good Inn”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Simpson Bay
Jonesboro, Georgia
“Good Inn”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

This cozy little inn in Simpson Bay near the airport in Sint Maarten was a good base of operation for my wanting to make day trips to the many nearby islands via small plane airlines and ferries. You get to choose your room when you book and you can reserve online and make an initial payment via credit card. I chose a second floor room (called first floor on their website using the European terminology as to floor designations.) which is selected from a list on their website showing the dates that a particular room is available. Carter, the manager and owner, was very friendly and helpful. Off season good price. They have a small pool and if you walk across the alley in the back, you are on a sandy beach after a few steps. My "room" (Room 10) had a combined spacious full kitchen and living room with TV and wi-fi, 110- electricity and ceiling and floor fans. The large bedroom had a big bed, closet and chest of drawers and A/C. The bathroom was clean and nice including a European style body wash and shampoo dispenser in the shower. Carter helped setup some solo tours and made one of the ferry reservations for me. There is a McDonald's and supermarket less than a block away as well as many restaurants and shops on nearby Simpson Bay road.

Room Tip: I chose a second floor (European- first floor) room so I could look out and see more of the surround...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Frank H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

We had a great week in SXM. My wife and i,stayed at The Torquoise Shell Inn. Carter,the owner
made us feel at home.Our apartment was neat and clean,and Corneila,the housekeeper checked up on us each day.If we needed anything just check with Carter or Cornelia,they are on
top of everything.Safe place with OFF STREET PARKING,thats a plus. We were in wallking distance of everthing.We highly recommend The Turquoise Shell Inn.Great value.Nice folks.
We will return.Oh one more thing folks plenty of cable channels.
Jack and June Clowney
Winston-Salem NC

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jack C
Sarasota, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

I knew I picked the right place when I stepped onto the cheerful flip flop mat in the lobby and saw a fresh tropical floral arrangement. The innkeeper greeted me with ripe bananas plucked from the tree outside the lobby. She then showed me to my room which was cool and bright with everything I could to need for a tropical vacation, i.e. wine opener, citronella candle, and soft towels for my sunburn. I slept well under the beautiful sand dollar bed spread, smooth sheets, and a reading lamp by the bed for the book I borrowed from Turquoise Shell library. Staff was excited to point me towards the island's best restaurants, beaches, and events. Simpson Bay was right there offering beautiful waters for "bobbing" and a shipwreck for snorkeling ("thank you" to the Inn for the snorkel gear). The sparkling pool was surrounded by tropical plants of which the staff knew every name. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Turquoise Shell offer mosquito nets for the beds which I didn't need but adds a romantic touch.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

Turquoise Shell is a very nice, older Inn. It is extremely well cared for. Much Tropical plants. Nice little pool. The Inn is within walking distance of many good restaurants of all price ranges. It is only steps off SImpson Bay Beach which is very long and sandy. Also quiet and beautiful.

Room Tip: I don't think there is any great difference in rooms, although half the rooms are on the second...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank SXMNorm
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

The price was right, staff were wonderful! It felt much more like I had my own apartment than a hotel, except that I had fresh sheets & clean rooms each day! I loved it and will DEFINITELY stay here again! Walking distance to several hotspots and the convenient beach was private with a beautiful view! I loved the gardening and green umbrella of trees that shaded the patios & balconies (2 story building); just remember the bug spray to ward off mosquitoes if you plan to spend time on your patio or the small in-ground pool. (Not big enough for laps but great for a dip none the less!). Mosquitoes are anywhere on the island though, NOT exclusive to this place.)

Room Tip: It is an intimate place to stay (only 10 apts, I believe) so any room would be great.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank danielle o
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

Lovely rooms, very spacious. Carter spent much time showing us around the property, and he was easy to contact if we had any questions. He helped us so much with making ferry reservations and calling a taxi when we needed it. He is very knowledgeable about the area. The room was clean and beautiful. The inn is very close to the airport. The beach access was very convenient. We highly recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
TShellSxm, Owner at Turquoise Shell Inn, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Cornelia and I do our best to make each guest feel welcome and enjoy a clean comfortable room. In this case, we seem to have hit the mark. I appreciate guests taking time to write a review so that other guests can use the information to their advantage
Also consider these accommodations in or near Simpson Bay
#1 of 2 in Cupecoy Bay
Royal Palm Beach Resort
Royal Palm Beach Resort
#1 of 2 in Cole Bay

Been to Turquoise Shell Inn? Share your experiences!