“Great Dining Experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Crave
Ranked #7 of 111 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Mediterranean grill & brasserie, healthy digest, fresh food. Gluten-free menu available. Bring your own wine NO CORKING FEE Come hungry, bring your appetite, NO CREDIT CARDS.
Breckenridge, Colorado
“Great Dining Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I visited Crave while we were in St. Maarten last week. It was a little hard to find, as the sign was well displayed but not well lit and the road is exceptionally busy! We were initially the only people in the restaurant and the owner seated us and carefully explained the menu. It is obvious that he was truly passionate about the food and he wanted to ensure we had a dining experience.
He made everything sound so good it was difficult to choose! All of the food was wonderful and had a unique spin on the traditional restaurant food. The dishes all were prepared well and we would definitely visit Crave again if we were in Simpson Bay. Hopefully the bridge clears up traffic a bit so Crave can be experienced with less traffic. The service was great and food was great. We highly recommend!

• Visited November 2013

Huntington, New York
“Excellent flavors and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

Ace is a most gracious host and runs down every menu item because he is passionate about the food he serves. We enjoyed his descriptions of his menu items and even his recommendations. Do have a fancy cocktail like a cappuccino martini or a white elephant! Enjoy an appetizer, a great entrée like the lamb shank or the kebabs which have incredible flavor. We enjoyed the ground beef and chicken kebabs immensely. And stay for dessert too. The organic chocolate tea is to die for! We ate here twice during our 2 week stay October 24th to November 7th. Right on the main drag through the Simpson Bay area next to Bavaria. By the way, Ace, why do you warn good food takes time? We had our appetizers within minutes after ordering and entrees shortly after finishing our appetizers! All food hot and fantastic. We'll be back again.

• Visited October 2013
Valley Stream, New York
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Went to crave with my girlfriend. We were the only people at the restaurant (9:30pm). I was a little concerned but don't let that stop you. We met with Ace who I later found out is the owner. He took time to explain the entire menu. We ended up getting the eggplant dip with a side of pita for an app. As someone who grew up in the Caribbean it reminded me of a dish my mom used to make called baigan choka. For the entree my girlfriend had the shrimp kebabs and I had the lamb shank. Both dishes were great. My lamb shank was fall off the bone goodness. The rice had raisins and some other spices. Overall the food and experience was very good. I can't think of anything negative.

Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Fancy something different from ribs and wings?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

We went to Crave based on positive reviews on Tripadvisor. We were not disappointed. The food was excellent. We would particularly recommend the prawns and pistachio 'meatball' starters. Main courses were excellent although my lamb shank while perfectly cooked was crying out for some sauce or gravy. The maître d' was knowledgable, passionate and very professional. I thought the wines at around $25 were well priced.
Only downside was that the service was a bit over attentive: plates being cleared before everyone was finished and continual topping up of water. We didn't feel we were being rushed to finish but it could have been a bit more relaxed. Overall: to be thoroughly recommended.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Went there with my parents and had a brilliant meal. Food was absolutely excellent, to the point that I thought my foodie-mum would ask for recipes.
Service was very friendly if a bit fast at times. Sometimes We felt as if we were paid too much attention, but very informative and staff are clearly passionate about the restaurant.
Brilliant place and very individual amongst the many restaurants of Simpson Bay.

1 Thank Hanne D