“Fancy something different from ribs and wings?”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Crave

Crave
Ranked #7 of 111 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Mediterranean grill & brasserie, healthy digest, fresh food. Gluten-free menu available. Bring your own wine NO CORKING FEE Come hungry, bring your appetite, NO CREDIT CARDS.
London, United Kingdom
“Fancy something different from ribs and wings?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

We went to Crave based on positive reviews on Tripadvisor. We were not disappointed. The food was excellent. We would particularly recommend the prawns and pistachio 'meatball' starters. Main courses were excellent although my lamb shank while perfectly cooked was crying out for some sauce or gravy. The maître d' was knowledgable, passionate and very professional. I thought the wines at around $25 were well priced.
Only downside was that the service was a bit over attentive: plates being cleared before everyone was finished and continual topping up of water. We didn't feel we were being rushed to finish but it could have been a bit more relaxed. Overall: to be thoroughly recommended.

• Visited November 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Went there with my parents and had a brilliant meal. Food was absolutely excellent, to the point that I thought my foodie-mum would ask for recipes.
Service was very friendly if a bit fast at times. Sometimes We felt as if we were paid too much attention, but very informative and staff are clearly passionate about the restaurant.
Brilliant place and very individual amongst the many restaurants of Simpson Bay.

1 Thank Hanne D
Arnprior, Canada
“Taste treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

We enjoyed the excellent food. A real taste treat with different well blended sauces. We were really surprised that the restaurant was not packed. It should have been with the quality of the food. The restaurant is run by a husband & wife team. The setting is basic i.e. brick walls in the interior. The husband is the Maitre D' & explains each dish on the menu. We would suggest that he do this in a much quieter manner. The dining area is small so that he was an ever present figure throughout our dinner. His wife is the chef and our choices were extremely good. As we prepared to leave she quietly & pleasantly thanked us for coming

Visited November 2013
Louisville, Ohio
“Convenient and cozy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

We walked here from Simpson bay resorts. Very close,great service. Clean and cash only. The meatball appetizer was wonderful. My husband had the cheeseburger,he was very happy.

• Visited November 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Amazing (and 1 of 2) Gluten-Free Restaurant on Island!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Crave was amazing! I was in Saint Marten for 3 nights and I ate out twice for dinner. Being a person with Celiacs, I eat gluten free...not very easy on this island. Crave and the Pizza Galley are the only two restaurants (at least on the Dutch side) that actually have a gluten-free menu. On the first night out to dinner, my boyfriend and I went to Crave. It is such a cute restaurant and the vibe is definitely zen. We were seated and the menu was explained in great deal. Everything on the menu can be gluten-free. Even if it wasn't necessarily in the beginning, it was adjusted so I would be able to eat it. For example, the home-made hummus (to die for!) originally had a pita, but that was substituted with white corn tortillas that were toasted. Awesome! The main entrees (~$20-30- depends on what you get, but portions are huge) were outstanding. I would definitely recommend the chicken and shrimp kebabs. The other night we were going to go to Pizza Galley, but just our luck, it was closed. So no shame at all as we went back to Crave for the second night in a row. The owner and waitress were very accommodating and helped us in any way possible. That night we had homemade burgers and fries (a rarity to eat french fries for us gluten-free people dining out). They were amazing! I had the option to either to do a lettuce wrap around the burger or a gluten-free wrap. So nice to know that the staff at Crave truly cared about my food needs and I was lucky to have that gem of a restaurant on the island. Anyone who needs to go gluten-free, I would highly, HIGHLY recommend and insist you visit Crave! But it's not just for the gluten-free...my boyfriend is not GF and he loved it as well! Everything was so tasty and as I write this review I'm craving the food at Crave!

• Visited October 2013