“Something to Crave”

Crave
Ranked #11 of 115 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Mediterranean grill & brasserie, healthy digest, fresh food. Gluten-free menu available. Bring your own wine NO CORKING FEE Come hungry, bring your appetite, NO CREDIT CARDS.
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I wanted to rush home after eating at Crave to write about what a fantastic restaurant this is.
This was my second time eating here during my vacation, and I wish I had more nights to dine at Crave. The husband and wife duo; Naz and Ace are amazing, because of their warmth and hospitality. After hearing about their origins, I consider Naz someone to look up to and their life a near perfect tale.

I had the lamb pita which was very fresh and as they advertise, different from any other pita sandwich you have had. I also had the eggplant dip starter, which tasted like my mom's home cooking.

They have a very varied cocktail menu, and nicely priced as well. I found two of my new go-to drinks that I have never seen anywhere else; the white elephant and the hair of dog. Mmm.

I also had the unique carrot cake dessert that Naz had conjured up, she is definitely a culinary genius. You would be missing out of a great experience at St. Maarten if you do not visit Crave and meet the gracious host and chef. The attention to quality, in food and drink, is something to crave.

1  Thank Suprina
Sanaz J, Owner at Crave, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

thank you so much for your beautiful review. you are very kind and sweet and we are honored to have guest like you that can enjoy what we do .Hope to see you soon
Naz

There are newer reviews for Crave

Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I passed by Crave a few times days before we had our first meal. Each time we walked by, I mentioned to her "I really like the way that place looks." It reminds me of a neighborhood restaurant that would be well supported in Brooklyn. Heck, I'd love a place like that where we currently live.

Unfortunately we didn't consider going out to dinner during the first few days of our vacation, as we were trying to save money. Towards the end, we had a few to spare and decided to go to the only place that really caught my eye. It was definitely well spent. The restaruant appears to be ran by the nicest husband and wife team, a pairing my wife and I could only dream to become.

We tried four cocktails, which were deceptively strong and very affordable. I'm not sure who made them but they were some of the best mixed drinks we've had in the Caribbean. Most food and drink seem to be uninspired on the islands, but not at Crave. Perhaps I was dehydrated but I got pretty tipsy on two fairly feminine and delicious drinks.

For food we had the pistachio meatballs, eggplant dip, yogurt, and lamb shank (which was falling from the bone). What was our favorite part? Well it's hard to say, everything was just so tasty. My wife loved the yogurt, and I loved the saffron rice if I could only choose one thing. The lamb was by far the best lamb we've had in long time, if not the best we've ever had. Everything was really tasty and worth having again.

For two 30 year olds who eat healthy and try to be conservative with their money, Crave met everything we could ask for in a restaurant. We consider ourselves fairly foodie-oriented and very well traveled so I hope others read this and give this little gem a try.

1  Thank DonnieDemuth
Sanaz J, Owner at Crave, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

your comments brought tears to my eyes. the joy of your review can not be described in words. I'm ecstatic that you also enjoyed my bar-tending as well as my cooking. this is what its all about,for every guest to feel the joy and love that goes in to my cooking. we are extremely humbled that you took the time to write such encouraging words.
round of any "girlie" drinks on the house with your next visit. : )
Kind Regards,

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I had to write a review after I took my girlfriend here for an awesome date. They have some amazing dishes that are twists on traditional ones. We had a truly great meal which included some interesting combos like walnut & pomegranate braised chicken and olive oil ice cream!

The restaurant itself is quite intimate and nothing too over the top. Service is great and the prices are also very reasonable. I highly recommend it, and after eating in other restaurants in the area it just doesn't compare.

NOTE: A lot of restaurants around here cater to a 1-time customer (cruise ships or yacht crew) and you can tell. Do the smart thing and eat at "Crave" and you won't be disappointed.

See you again next week!

Sanaz J, Owner at Crave, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you for your very kind review.
it means a lot to us to know that every guest enjoys the experience.
you have a round of cocktail on the house for your next visit :) hope to see you guys soon

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Crave is by far one of our favorite restaurants in SXM if not THE favorite one.
It's finally something different with exotic flavors that are out of this world. It truly is a little "party in your mouth" when you taste any of the unique and delicious dishes on their menu.
On top of that, the ambiance, nice music, good prices, great cocktail menu and super friendly service, make this restaurant a must to visit.
See you very soon again for some good food guys!

Sanaz J, Owner at Crave, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Thanks for being such a supportive client throughout the years. complimentary dinner of 2 is waiting for you guys

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

I loved the lamb schwarma with their homemade sauce so much i needed to write this review (Its actually not a schwarma because the meat doesnt come off a giant verticle rotisserie, its cooked individually, so they call it a stuffed pocket). We also had the steak was perfect and with great flavors infused.

Its a smaller restaurant and you get great personalized service, a great stop for dinner on the airport road, right before you get to the entrance for pelican!

Sanaz J, Owner at Crave, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Thank you for your kind review.well,since you are our number one guest for take out. your next order is on the house.see you soon