“Good Mexican in the heart of the Caribbean”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Tequila - CLOSED

Tequila
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
alabama
“Good Mexican in the heart of the Caribbean”
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Located across the street from our hotel, Tequila was easy to get to and my husband and I always love Mexican food. Chips and Salsa did not come free like they do at home, so I ordered some along with an order of empanadas. And frozen margaritas of course. The salsa is very thick and tasty. We enjoyed the empanadas also. I ordered a pork burrito plate which included a little cup of pinto beans, guacamole, pico de gallo and rice. They split the burrito for us to share, it was full of pulled pork and very good. Little pricey for Mexican. Note, like its sister restaurant Rancho next door, a 15 percent gratuity is automatically added no matter how big the party.

Visited March 2014

Vancouver, Canada
“Newly renovated, great pulled pork in town!”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

What a great job the owners did renovating this spot. It's gorgeous, has an atmosphere that caters to relaxed table setting and even a romantic dinner on a funky Frida Kahlo bed!!

The staff were amazing!! Ask Cathy to make you one of her delicious espresso martinis! And do NOT miss out on the amazing green salsa they serve with their chips. One of the best salsas I've ever had which says a lot considering I lived in Mexico for 7 years.

The food is standard tex-mex but the pulled pork is a definite must!

Note: I chatted up the staff a bit about the service charge that is added to their bill. I found out that all but aroud 3% goes to the gov't and the owner of the restaurant which I think is completely absurd so make sure you add a little extra cause the staff were so so nice and I will definitely visit again the next time I'm in SXM.

Visited March 2014
Long Beach, New York
“Fun!”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We had a great night dancing under the stars. Slow service....takes a long time to pay, but good food and crowd.

Visited December 2013
Kenilworth
“Closes in off season”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Closed in off season but go next door to Rancho. They offer the Tequila Menu. Great Fajita's & on the bay.

Visited August 2013
Morrisville, North Carolina
“Should have not gone”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This restaurant is a classic example of how misleading reviews can be. I should have not gone there. I think fast food centers meals are more pleasing. We went over the weekend & the food seemed like cooked my some one who had no idea how to cook.
More over I am not sure if it’s the language or culture barrier the waitress couldn’t comprehend
My wife & I practically left our food half way and walked to different place to fill our tummies

• Visited April 2013