“I'm a SXM YOGA Addict!”
Review of SXM Yoga

SXM Yoga
More attraction details
Owner description: Listen to the waves crash on the shores of Tahoma Beach, as you are gently guided through different asanas, or yoga postures. These ancient postures increase energy, stability, and balance. It is the most beautiful place in the world to practice yoga. We practice under Tahoma Beach's shady and sand-free Shala. We can provide mats, upon request. Just send us an email. Schedule: Mon.: 8:00 a.m. Yoga For Stress Relief (Petra)Mon.: 5:00 p.m. Sunset Yoga (Petra)Tues: 5;00 p.m. Sunset Yoga Flow (Megan)Wed.: 8:00 a.m. Yoga For Inner Peace (Petra)Wed.: 5:00 p.m. Sunset Yoga (Petra)Thurs.: 8:00 a.m. Power Yoga For Strength & Core (Megan)Thurs.: 5:00 p.m. Sunset Yoga (Petra)Sat.: 9:00 a.m. Vinyasa Flow For Stiffies. (Megan)
Maho, St. Maarten-St. Martin
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“I'm a SXM YOGA Addict!”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

St. Maarten has beautiful weather almost everyday, so why go to a yoga studio. Try yoga on the beach to really connect to nature and the beauty of this island. The instructors are extremely friendly and just love to teach there practice. They make you feel at home and make you dissolve all your worldly concerns. You leave practice feeling fit, free and read to take on whatever comes next in life. So happy the SXM Yoga found it's home in such a convenient and breathtaking setting. Simpson Bay Beach is my favorite for working out since its such a long beach it makes for the perfect beach walk or run either before or after yoga. Or you may just roll right out of shavasana right into your beach day and the crystal clear water and crashing waves. SXM Yoga is the icing on the cake that makes this my favorite spot on the entire island! You can show up and practice and keep to yourself, or make new healthy friends! Highly recommend a SXM Yoga class for a Happy Hour that will leave you refreshed and invigorated!

Visited November 2013

Simpson Bay, St. Maarten
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Yoga on the Beach in SXM”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

The location is wonderful on the beach in Beacon Hill and the teachers are Very Good!!
Go and enjoy it

Visited August 2013
Simpson Bay, St. Maarten-St. Martin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I'll be back!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I've only had one class so far, but I was very pleased. I just have to find the time to go more often...especially since I live 30sec away from Tahoma. Megan is excellent and very kind to very stiff beginners such as myself ;)

Visited September 2013
1 Thank BalyDesigns
Yardley, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Megan is wonderful”
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Yoga on the beach! Fantastic, the setting is gorgeous and Megan, the instructor, runs a great class. She is sweet, nice, excellent at yoga and helping various levels through the class pleasantly. Enjoyed the classes, highly recommend checking this out.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Lynn M
Cupecoy Bay, St. Maarten-St. Martin
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“The highlight of my week”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

After 3 rough days of cardio and 3 days of lifting I definitely look forward to my "yoga day." Thanks to SXM Yoga I have been able to re-balance, re-focus, and find my inner zen all by the oceanside. I have enjoyed classes instructed by both Petra and Megan and I cannot even express in words how much better these classes have been for me in comparison to the surf yoga classes I used to take in Costa Rica. I bought 5 classes at $50 which I consider a great value and minus the insects that have been gleefully attacking me during class the past few weeks I have no complaints :)

One note: There are no bathrooms or ATM machines nearby. Stop by the Caravanserai Resort area (Dunes Casino, Sunset Bar, etc.) if you need to take care of these things in advance!

Visited July 2013