“Good Thai - nice water front location on the lagoon”
Review of Panlaan Thai on the Bay - CLOSED

Panlaan Thai on the Bay
Cuisines: Asian, Steakhouse, Thai
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The only waterfront Thai restaurant in St. Maarten. Authentic Thai cuisine in a tranquil waterfront surrounding with both, indoor and outdoor seating...Open everyday. Lunch 12pm-3pm Monday-Friday Dinner 6pm-10pm Sunday-Thursday Dinner 6pm-11pm Friday-Saturday
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Good food - great for sharing with a party of 6. We had 3 bottles of wine, and enough food for 6 people - and the bill including tip was $200US.
We started with appetizers - spring rolls, chicken wings, cheese wontons and crispy pork - all were delicious and not too spicy. (I am not listing them using their Thai names).

For entrees, we shared pad thai, one curry dish, one stir fry dish and fried rice - all were excellent. The curry was definitely on the hot side, but very flavorful. Plenty of jasmine rice accompanied these entrees.

It was a very rainy night, so we chose to eat inside, but still had a beautiful view of the lagoon - with lots of sail boats with lights as our back drop.

Service was attentive, and we were able to linger over our last bottle of wine. A very nice dining experience.

1  Thank EastCoastNewbie50

Reviewed December 29, 2013

We were looking for a place to celebrate my husband's 80th birthday. This was recommended by friends at LaVista Resort in Simpson Bay. We went with another couple and it was awesome. The attention to detail and attentive (not overwhelming) staff was most pleasing. We certainly wish them continued success. Hope more of you get to enjoy this awesome meal and atmosphere..

Reviewed December 29, 2013

This is a nice little restaurant on the lagoon at Simpson Bay. Look hard to find this gem. The stir fry that I had was very good. There are signs coming from Cole Bay into the Simpson Bay area just after the Casino on the right. It is in the back building of the two 5 story buildings. Good luck finding a parking space but there is plenty of space on the main road (Welfare Rd). If you look close enough it is in back of the Carribbean Bank building.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

From a person who doesn't really like Thai food, this food was very, very good. Party of 8 including a 10 month old and a 4 year old did not phase this very fine restaurant.

We were seated outside under a canopy (good thing because it poured for about 2 minutes during our meal and we never got wet!). Our waiter, Leon, was very nice and very knowledgable. He helped us order our appetizers, and they were all fantastic. We ordered the chicken satay, spring rolls, fried pork and hot and spicy wings. There was nothing left after my crew got over it.

For dinner, most of my crew got the pan thai in various spices and meats and it was all wonderful. I had the ginger chicken and not only did I love it, so did my 10 month old!!!

But better than the food was the service. The bartender cut up a strawberry and added a little chocolate sauce for my 4 year old. They had wine by the glass, and my wife tried 3 different ones and settled on the Bordeaux blend.

Overall, it was a very, very lovely night for my family and I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

This may be the best Thai restaurant in which I have eaten. The combination of flavors managed to create food that was complex when eaten--first you perceived the soy, then realized there was an underlying heat from ginger or chili. But it wasn't so firey that you were overwhelmed. We sat on their outside patio and overlooked the Lagoon while we ate crispy pork on thai noodles and couldn't decide if the view, service, or food were better. When it started to rain the waiters swooped in and helped move our table back farther under the awnings so that we stayed out of the blowing rain. If you like Thai food, this is a must. If you like other Asian foods, but aren't familiar with Thai food the staff will take the time to explain any of the menu items.