“Fantastic service and very good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Panlaan Thai on the Bay - CLOSED

Panlaan Thai on the Bay
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: The only waterfront Thai restaurant in St. Maarten. Authentic Thai cuisine in a tranquil waterfront surrounding with both, indoor and outdoor seating...Open everyday. Lunch 12pm-3pm Monday-Friday Dinner 6pm-10pm Sunday-Thursday Dinner 6pm-11pm Friday-Saturday
marietta
“Fantastic service and very good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

From a person who doesn't really like Thai food, this food was very, very good. Party of 8 including a 10 month old and a 4 year old did not phase this very fine restaurant.

We were seated outside under a canopy (good thing because it poured for about 2 minutes during our meal and we never got wet!). Our waiter, Leon, was very nice and very knowledgable. He helped us order our appetizers, and they were all fantastic. We ordered the chicken satay, spring rolls, fried pork and hot and spicy wings. There was nothing left after my crew got over it.

For dinner, most of my crew got the pan thai in various spices and meats and it was all wonderful. I had the ginger chicken and not only did I love it, so did my 10 month old!!!

But better than the food was the service. The bartender cut up a strawberry and added a little chocolate sauce for my 4 year old. They had wine by the glass, and my wife tried 3 different ones and settled on the Bordeaux blend.

Overall, it was a very, very lovely night for my family and I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited December 2013

Overland Park, Kansas
“wonderful food, great service, and lovely view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

This may be the best Thai restaurant in which I have eaten. The combination of flavors managed to create food that was complex when eaten--first you perceived the soy, then realized there was an underlying heat from ginger or chili. But it wasn't so firey that you were overwhelmed. We sat on their outside patio and overlooked the Lagoon while we ate crispy pork on thai noodles and couldn't decide if the view, service, or food were better. When it started to rain the waiters swooped in and helped move our table back farther under the awnings so that we stayed out of the blowing rain. If you like Thai food, this is a must. If you like other Asian foods, but aren't familiar with Thai food the staff will take the time to explain any of the menu items.

Visited December 2013
Massachusetts
“Great Thai Food with wonderful ambiance!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

The food was wonderful and the seating by the water made it even more memorable. We were able to get seating despite no reservations. Would suggest getting them for a Saturday night! It was a bit windy that night so we had to be a bit weary with the wind gusts but what else to expect on one of the windward islands? Overall wonderful evening.

• Visited December 2013
The Villages, Florida
“Thai Food on the Bay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

Food is very good. We had a curry dish and a shrimp dish with cellophane noodles (can't remember the Thai names). The heat level is accurate: one dish was Hot and the other Medium. The Hot dish (the curry) grew on us as we got used to the heat.
Service was very good, well above the standard for St Maarten.
We sat outside in a lovely setting. Sweaters are recommended as it can sometimes get quite breezy.
It would be nice if the soups were offered as single servings.

Visited December 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“The Best Thai food I have had in 30 years on island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

I have been here about 5 times and I have to say that the food is excellent! We went to a birthday party for a good friend of mine and all the people just loved the food and ambiance. I will return to the island on Jan 1 and will be there until April and this will be my go to place for either lunch - love it there then - or dinner.

• Visited November 2013