“Best ribs ever!”

The Palms Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 112 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Our little Caribbean style restaurant has so much to offer: Laid back ambiance, great service, but the most important, delicious home cooked meals that will make you come back for more again and again. Like us on Facebook and be part of our community!
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Best ribs ever!”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Pay no attention to the Costco ribs review, Greg's ribs are heavenly with a very interesting taste and tenderness - never used my knife!
In St Maarten we have learned to trust only the owner/chef restaurants for consistency and quality - The Palms fits that to a tee!
We've been coming here for years and somehow have overlooked The Palms - never again!
Greg the owner/chef along with his parents have a true island gem in The Palms.
What a great guy, we stayed long after dinner (BTW, my wife's lasagna was spectacular, none better on SXM) talking with Greg and getting further dinning tips that he shared - a classy guy and restaurant with modest prices and high quality!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Jay M

New York City, New York
“Overrated does not sum up this restaurant.”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Our family tried to go to this place for lunch for a few days, and finally got our wish. Wish granted. First of, you have to find your own parking, good luck with that. We finally managed to do so, only because we arrived at 4:00. They did not even open until 4:30, cleaning the place. Basically either go for dinner or not go at all, there really is no lunch. The place was covered with mosquito's, I should have known when the locals at the near table had the OFF spray at their table. The service was great, I give the restaurant major props for that, the owner (I think) even gave us the spray halfway through our meal. The music was a nice touch as well, playing U2, Careless Whisper, and other classic rock hits. However the food was nothing really that special, first off they did not have freshly made juice, which most restaurants in the area do, so I was forced to drink water. (Should not be a problem for those who want alcohol). the so called "Drunken Ribs" were basically the Ribs you could find at your nearest Costco store, just heated. The much talked about Po's as the appetizer, were meh. I am not going to lie and tell you the food was horrible, it was not, but this restaurant is certainly not where it belongs in terms of what's best at Simpson Bay. I can't even give the excuse of "maybe we came on an off day", because the parking is a problem every day, the mosquito's are an every day problem, and next to the restaurant was a building with 4 kids screaming their lungs out. The main problem was not the food, its the location, and the mosquito's. I honestly did not see "what I was missing", as the other posters suggested.

• Visited August 2014
Akron
“Amazing restaurant!”
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I along with our friends just returned from St. Maarten and did some research on places to eat before we went which is where we found The Palms. This place is a hidden gem! We ended up going there twice during the week just to try more of their dishes! Everything we ordered was beyond amazing and the service was the best we have ever had anywhere! This is a restaurant you must try when visiting St. Maarten no matter where you are staying.

Visited August 2014
CT
“Thanks fellow reviewers for the great recommendation”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

My husband and I were staying in St. Maarten for the first time and unfamiliar with the area. We read trip advisors reviews for this restaurant (which seemed close to the timeshare, The Flamingo, we were staying at) and they were spot on. ***Note: they only accept CASH. This restaurant is tiny (not fancy with a West Indies decor) and right on the main strip of Airport Rd. across from Tequila and El Rancho. We were a little hesitant when we arrived at 6:15 and there wasn't anyone else there except the staff.; however other people kept coming in as the evening went on. We were greeted by the owner, who was extremely friendly, who explained that we were eligible for happy hour which was available daily from 4 until 7p: beers $1.50 and single mixed drinks $3. The menu is small which makes decisions a little easier. I had the drunken ribs which were outstanding and this included 2 side dishes. I chose a delicious side salad and delicious garlic mashed potatoes. My husband had the curried goat which he immensely enjoyed. The portions were a nice size. I ended up bringing home half of the ribs so I would have room for the homemade carrot cake, which topped the evening delight. Our total bill was $64 including 2 drinks dinner and dessert. The waitress and the owner could not have made our meal more enjoyable. We highly recommend this restaurant, and will be back when we visit St. Maarten again.

• Visited July 2014
New York City, New York
“delicious”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

everyday it was something different lunch is better than dinner. For breakfast I ate steamed fish with steamed spinach, great omelets made from egg whites real important to mention. Oxtails that fell off the bone. They just need to improve the dinner menu if you not aware of the lunch menu you truly miss out.

Visited July 2014