β€œA must if you visit St Maarten.”

The Palms Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 118 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our little Caribbean style restaurant has so much to offer: Laid back ambiance, great service, but the most important, delicious home cooked meals that will make you come back for more again and again. Like us on Facebook and be part of our community!
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

This Trini spot was amazing! I had the creole tilapia and my friend had a chicken and rice dish. We had the veggie spring rolls with a homemade tamarin sauce(they were out of the soy-ginger sauce), EVERYTHING was absolutely delicious, even the rum punch!! Greg, the owner is very friendly and is extremely passionate about food and customer service. The Palms will be my first stop upon my return to St Maarten.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband and I were recommended this place by our Trisport hiking guide (great hike, by the way). He said it was his favorite restaurant on the island. My husband had the drunken ribs (soaked for three days in whiskey, herbs, and spices), and I had the Trini style stew fish. The ribs were great and literally falling off the bone. My stew fish was amazing, and not what I expected. It was a very moist tilapia with stewed vegetables on top. We also had an appetizer. I don't remember the name of it, but it started with a p and were balls of fried dough similar to naan bread. It was all very good.

The service was great and friendly, and they made us feel very welcome.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

My father and I both ordered the filet mignon cooked medium as the two ladies who arrived just before us ordered the last serving of drunken ribs. I've had steaks all over the US and abroad and this is one of the best steaks I've eaten. Gregg - the owner spent time to talk to each of his guests and was very attentive to each table. Gregg self butchers his cuts of meat which adds to the quality. It's clear Gregg is dedicated to serving quality food, drinks and dessert. Gregg's culinary experience yields from a Canadian background with a mother who apparently also instilled an idea of what makes great cuisine. You'd absolutely be missing out on one of the best meals on the island if you didn't stop by. Just as a side note The Palms Restaurant is not set up for credit cards so bring cash.

1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I happened to see the sign for goat curry as my husband and I were driving back from Baie Rouge and we decided we had to have dinner there since my husband had been craving some goat. The three of us, myself, my husband and my teenage son had Trini fish stew, goat curry and the ribs. Needless to say, the food was incredible and prepared with such care. Our waitress, Jo was wonderful and really friendly. She recommended their mojito and I was not disappointed. Best mojito I ever had. We finished the meal off by sharing a carrot cake which Jo recommended. When we finished we had to hug the chef, "mom" (Genevieve). The following evening (our last night), Friday night, we were on our way to Grand Case but there was really awful traffic so we turned around and went back to The Palms. After much thought we had the exact same meals except I had the goat this time and my husband had the Trini stew. Mom was delighted to see us back and gave us a free appetizer and my disappointment of not getting to Grand Case was completely forgotten. We went to our resort to start packing but came back for Karaoke which started out as a small intimate group before into a bigger but still small group of friendly locals. That was the most fun we had on the island. We wish we had discovered them sooner during our week. If we had not had to leave the next day, we probably would have closed down the place with Karaoke night. If you are in Simpson Bay, The Palms is a must visit!

1  Thank Kate O
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Saw a sign for goat curry and trini fish stew so we stopped in for dinner. Best meal on st. Maarten by far! Goat stew was fantastic, no bones and trimmed of fat, slow stewed and tender! Trinidadian fish stew was full of flavor, garlic mashed potatoes were excellent, mojito was the best we have ever tasted. Meal finished off with carrot cake that was homemade, and absolutely amazing!