“Most awesome meal on St. Maarten”

The Palms Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 115 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our little Caribbean style restaurant has so much to offer: Laid back ambiance, great service, but the most important, delicious home cooked meals that will make you come back for more again and again. Like us on Facebook and be part of our community!
Teaneck, New Jersey
“Most awesome meal on St. Maarten”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I happened to see the sign for goat curry as my husband and I were driving back from Baie Rouge and we decided we had to have dinner there since my husband had been craving some goat. The three of us, myself, my husband and my teenage son had Trini fish stew, goat curry and the ribs. Needless to say, the food was incredible and prepared with such care. Our waitress, Jo was wonderful and really friendly. She recommended their mojito and I was not disappointed. Best mojito I ever had. We finished the meal off by sharing a carrot cake which Jo recommended. When we finished we had to hug the chef, "mom" (Genevieve). The following evening (our last night), Friday night, we were on our way to Grand Case but there was really awful traffic so we turned around and went back to The Palms. After much thought we had the exact same meals except I had the goat this time and my husband had the Trini stew. Mom was delighted to see us back and gave us a free appetizer and my disappointment of not getting to Grand Case was completely forgotten. We went to our resort to start packing but came back for Karaoke which started out as a small intimate group before into a bigger but still small group of friendly locals. That was the most fun we had on the island. We wish we had discovered them sooner during our week. If we had not had to leave the next day, we probably would have closed down the place with Karaoke night. If you are in Simpson Bay, The Palms is a must visit!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Kate O

Teaneck, New Jersey
“Amazing homemade caribbean food”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Saw a sign for goat curry and trini fish stew so we stopped in for dinner. Best meal on st. Maarten by far! Goat stew was fantastic, no bones and trimmed of fat, slow stewed and tender! Trinidadian fish stew was full of flavor, garlic mashed potatoes were excellent, mojito was the best we have ever tasted. Meal finished off with carrot cake that was homemade, and absolutely amazing!

• Visited July 2013
Yonkers, New York
“Great Dining Experience”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Spent a week on the island and ate dinner there 3 times. My daughter and I loved this place.
The food was great. We had the curry chicken with roti, filet mignon, red snapper, stewed tilapia,
and the drunken ribs. Every meal was A+. The service was also fantastic.This a family-run busi-
ness and they all made us feel like family. Definitely worth the dining experience! Also, had some
great music playing in the background

• Visited June 2013
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Excellent Meal and great service”
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

A group of ten went to this resturant tonight. We had ribs lasagna fish goat Jamaican jerk chicken every thing was excellent and the service was good. Our waitress was very friendly and nice will definitely return to the palms

Visited June 2013
Eldred, New York
“The best dinner in St. Maarten!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Travelled solo late April, early May and decided to try The Palms on this visit. I stayed a week and wanted to spread out my restaurants because there are so many good ones. This is my 10th visiit and really didnt want to visit a restaurant on Airport Road but I heard some great reviews and had to give it a go. Everything was perfect with this restaurant. To start, i had the Drunken Ribs. The best dish I had on the island. So delicious!! Not to repeat myself the best dinner on my visits. So tasty and the ribs just melted in your mouth. So impressed and to top my meal I had a brownie dessert with coconut ice cream. Great!! As with my other reviews I love service and this place tops it. Greg, manager, owner, is a great guy who makes you feel at home. He is one of the reasons why I would come back. He appreciates his place and his customers. Great guy and a sendout to my server Joelle. So pleasant. Came here a second time on my short trip. Wanted to try something new like the lasagna or filet mignon, but had the same dish but with a carrot cake dessert. Great again. Would I come back?In a heartbeat, yes. And I can't wait.

Visited May 2013