“OK food, great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Isola Restaurant

Isola Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 111 Restaurants in Simpson Bay
Cuisines: Pizza, Italian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Chicago
“OK food, great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Just had dinner @ Isola. Read other reviews so had trepidation but it's on hotel property & we didn't feel like walking anymore! The restaurant was empty so we had undivided attention. Ordered melon & prociutto appetizer & asked waitress if melon was ripe. She brought out a small slice of melon for me to try. (It was not good so we canceled order.) Chicken Parm & Risotto with sausage were good. Side of spaghetti was blah.

• Visited May 2013

Tenerife
“Rushed and pushed out”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

There were plenty of tables but we were stuck by the side of the road on a windy night. So we got up and moved to a table that was sheltered from the wind. I don't think this went down well. We were given menus and staff did ask us if we had any q,s. we ordered meal and was not explained it did not come with vegetable. My husband asked and he ordered some vegetables. The meals came 2 of them the tird followed a few minutes later. Whilst we were eating my drink was taken awy the can but I had not finished there was still some in. Then they kept looking and walking past to see if we had finished. Rushed or what. My plate was removed even though my husband and son were still eating. Then they hovered and took my husbands plate. Then they hovered to see if my son had finished and took his plate. I have never eaten anywhere where they don't wait till you have all finished. Then we were asked if we wanted a desert and we said please 2 minutes later the bill arrived. We were not brought the dessert menu. So we payed the bill while they hovered. We were charged service charge of $13 which was not justified with the service and rushing and hovering. The food was average in quality but the rushing spoilt the meal we left at 9.00 so it was not late. This put us off and we would not go again it was not a relaxed enjoyable experience.

• Visited April 2013
530silvia988, General Manager at Isola Restaurant, responded to this review, October 21, 2015
Thanks!we happy,if you are happy!! pleasure! anyTime!
Peabody, Massachusetts
“ok Italian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went for dinner, not overly impressed.
Food was good, very loud and service was
a little slow, but it was busy that night. I would
have gone back once more, but they could not
get my Discover card to go thru.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank 12Dolly
New York City, New York
“Much improved”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

I wrote a critical review of this restaurant last year but based on our experience in January I owe them an update.
The service and the food were both noticeably improved and provided you select Italian dishes the standard is excellent.
My pasta was superb.

Carmel
“Will definitely go again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Great little Italian restaurant next to Hollywood Casino. Food was very good, nice variety and good atmosphere.

Visited January 2013