“Best bakery EVER”
Review of The Taste Factory

The Taste Factory
Ranked #2 of 3 Dessert in Simpson Bay
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Taste Factory offers the unique blend of an Artisanal French Bakery, Pastry and Viennoiserie with the comfort of a French Bistro for food lovers in the heart of Simpsonbay. From crusty baguettes, melt in the mouth croissants, eggs and omelettes, savory crepes and buckwheat galettes or just takeaway sandwiches to the colorful display of pastries, the Taste Factory has something for everyone either to take out or to enjoy in the comfort of their air conditioned lounge style café, accompanied by an equally delicious range of freshly brewed coffees, teas, juices or any beverage of your choice. Breakfast meetings, corporate lunches, cocktail receptions, or birthday parties can all be catered to here and tailor made cakes and pastries can be ordered for that special event, birthday or wedding as well as special or large orders is offered to all marinas – yacht provisioning of frozen items available.
Reviewed December 1, 2012

The best french pastries on the Island, great coffee, friendly staff, nice clean modern surroundings

Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

We stopped for a take home desert last night and it was delicious. I came back this morning for breakfast while on my morning walk and I'm dumbfounded. 3 eggs scrambled somehow fits into a 3 ounce side dish, the toast was actually just cold bread and covered in raw flour. The ham and Swiss cheese was straight from a package, perfectly square slices, all exactly the same size, just like the packaged meat at the grocery store. Atmosphere is awful, 7:30 in the morning and the staff turned off the news and put very loud hip hop on the stereo. Hard to believe a pastry shop is good at night and so poor in the morning.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

After a mediocre meal at a nearby restaurant, I really want to try some of the pastries on the Dutch side I heard so much about. We walked in to find the place air conditioned, which is rare on the island. The array of pastries and other desserts was staggering. The staff was happy to answer any questions and patient while I decided. Since I couldn't decide, I had to go with two. Both were amazing, one was a chocolate desert while the other was a pineapple cookie (a large cookie covered in slices of pineapple and sauce). A great place to go for dessert!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Was looking forward to trying this place based on all the rave reviews, so I went for breakfast one morning and was quite disappointed. My croissant tasted like it was day old and was not remotely flaky. The fresh squeezed orange juice was good. I tried it another day just because I could not understand how the reviews matched with my experience, and it was much better.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Nothing special, but the coffee is delicious and it was a nice place for us to go after dinner to share a dessert