“Favorite Place for Lunch and Dessert”
Review of The Taste Factory

The Taste Factory
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Taste Factory offers the unique blend of an Artisanal French Bakery, Pastry and Viennoiserie with the comfort of a French Bistro for food lovers in the heart of Simpsonbay. From crusty baguettes, melt in the mouth croissants, eggs and omelettes, savory crepes and buckwheat galettes or just takeaway sandwiches to the colorful display of pastries, the Taste Factory has something for everyone either to take out or to enjoy in the comfort of their air conditioned lounge style café, accompanied by an equally delicious range of freshly brewed coffees, teas, juices or any beverage of your choice. Breakfast meetings, corporate lunches, cocktail receptions, or birthday parties can all be catered to here and tailor made cakes and pastries can be ordered for that special event, birthday or wedding as well as special or large orders is offered to all marinas – yacht provisioning of frozen items available.
Reviewed March 7, 2012

My husband and I have been on the island for several months and we have visited The Taste Factory many times. We've consistently been impressed by the quality of the food, especially the sandwiches and desserts. It's always hard to choose a dessert because they all look so pretty in their display case. The staff are also exceptionally nice, and the whole place is always clean and has a comfortable atmosphere.

1  Thank christinejwarner

Reviewed March 4, 2012

Service was a little slow but the excellent coffee and pastries were worth the wait. Open for breakfast including more substantial menu options.

1  Thank Gary L
Reviewed March 3, 2012

The baguette is not the best I tasted. It tasted old. Too bad you can not sit outside on the waterfront. An acquaintance got sick from a sandwich (spoiled) salmon. There are much better bakeries on the island (I live here). That's my opinion.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

I am writing my first review EVER because this place was so good. I enjoyed the ambiance, the pastry's, and the food. I have a firm belief that when on vacation you should not eat at the same place twice (so that I can fully experience what the location has to offer)but broke my own role once I tasted the apple tart. AH-Mazing! I had a total of 4 apple tarts during my stay. What's also great about the Taste Factory is that it was one of the few locally owned places I found on the island. I told nearly everyone I encountered at our resort it was a must go to place. I have been on a mission to find a decent apple tart substitute in Chicago ever since but to no avail:(. The prices were great too especially in comparison to other island spots.

1  Thank Kalynn D
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Wide selection of pastries, crepes, and sandwiches. The panini I ordered was excellent as were the macaroons I had for desert.

1  Thank Marlena F