This rather spartan hotel served its purpose for a one night stay during an unexpected overnight flight layover.
This property is located quite close to the SXM airport, and is simply old and a bit shabby. It was however a decent place considering the low nightly rate.
* the room as larger than most, and featured a king size bed, large flat screen tv, microwave oven, in room safe and remote controlled air con.
* very close to the airport
* safe parking in back of the hotel
* wifi only available in the lobby or in the hotel floor hallway, but not IN the room
* safe was in-op due to dead batteries for the digital face
* air conditioner situated high on the wall near the ceiling. It worked very well, but had an issue with constant condensation, meaning a steady water drip to the tile floor (finally put a pillow under it to stop the drip noise)
If a budget hotel near the SXM airport is needed for no more than 1 night, this may be an option but expectations need to be tempered if you choose this hotel option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly Built 40-room Hotel, 1 Mile From St Maarten Airport, Within Walking Distance To Many Restuarants, Beaches, Water Sports And Casinos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Travel Inn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travel Hotel Simpson Bay
- Travel Inn Lodge
- Travel Inn Hotel St. Maarten-St. Martin/Simpson Bay