Travel Inn Hotel
$123
Simpson Bay Resort & Marina(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
$110
Mary's Boon Beach Hotel and Spa(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
$125
$121
Azure Hotel & Art Studio(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
$162
Orbitz.com
Turquoise Shell Inn(Simpson Bay)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 20, 2012

This hotel is really nothing special. It looks better on the outside than on the inside. The rooms are kind of spartan and furniture looks a bit worn. But on the other side, the price is reasonable, it is close to the airport and everything worked. The beds are ok and internet (although cabled) worked fine. A convenient fact is the popular breakfast place (Vesna Taveerna & Bagel house) right downstairs connected to the lobby of the Inn. Prices for breakfast are very reasonable and the food is tasty. The service at the hotel was friendly. All in all I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2011

You are better off checking in/ out late of your awesome hotel or sleeping on the beach. This place reeks of cigarette smoke. We checked in and the toilet hadn't been flushed. I didn't sleep at all waiting fir the cockroaches to come play. This place was nasty. My barn is a better choice and you can stay there for free.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank Jesseppi1140
Reviewed February 16, 2011

I'd never left an hotel before, and visited many hotels even in dark Afrika, but this has reached anything.
Poor rooms, very noizy, reception was watching television during half the night.
After trying a shower in the morning, which gives water everywhere, unless not on me, I noticed the whole bathroom was flooded.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank Traveling-engineer73
Reviewed May 21, 2010

They try their very best to make sure your happy and do a good job at it too !!! I left something behind in my room and they held it for me until I came back to St. Maarten !!! It is a very safe place to stay -- and in walking distance to restaurants , internet cafes , grocery stores , and the movie theatre / cinema !!! A very nice place to go where you don't have to worry about getting robbed or killed !!! Truly lives up to its name --- The Friendly Island !!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank pleasurepleaser1
Reviewed April 13, 2010

I was traveling with collegues and we had to stay a couple of nights in Travel Inn hotel in Sint Maarten. I can summarize our experience as follows:
- the local car rental wouldn't rent a decent car when I informed them that I would be staying there (I got an old car with better locks and alarm system instead of the one I requested);
- reception was unfriendly (when checking in and checking out);
- our rooms were very poor maintained (no maintenance for a few years probably);
- our rooms smelled very bad;
- balcon sliding door is very difficult to close and lock;
- water from toilet from upstairs leaked on the bed the whole night (sewage water?)
- shower area is very filthy (mildew on shower door, floor and walls);
- one of the toilet seats was not clean (dry urine on the seat)
- the pillows were very uncomfortable (I slept very bad, waking up each hour during the night)

(It seems like the hotel is a place to rent per hour. In the room you get one folder offering sex toys and across the road there is an adult entertainment club.)

The rooms prices was $117 per night - the next day we checked in at Sonesta Maho for only $132 (which is a very good hotel!)

My recommendation is that if you are not able to get a better hotel room, sleep in your rental car!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business