“Disgusting!!!!”

Travel Inn Hotel
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Simpson Bay
“Disgusting!!!!”
Reviewed October 15, 2011

You are better off checking in/ out late of your awesome hotel or sleeping on the beach. This place reeks of cigarette smoke. We checked in and the toilet hadn't been flushed. I didn't sleep at all waiting fir the cockroaches to come play. This place was nasty. My barn is a better choice and you can stay there for free.

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank Jesseppi1140

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed February 16, 2011

I'd never left an hotel before, and visited many hotels even in dark Afrika, but this has reached anything.
Poor rooms, very noizy, reception was watching television during half the night.
After trying a shower in the morning, which gives water everywhere, unless not on me, I noticed the whole bathroom was flooded.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Traveling-engineer73

Travelers are raving about these Simpson Bay hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed May 21, 2010

They try their very best to make sure your happy and do a good job at it too !!! I left something behind in my room and they held it for me until I came back to St. Maarten !!! It is a very safe place to stay -- and in walking distance to restaurants , internet cafes , grocery stores , and the movie theatre / cinema !!! A very nice place to go where you don't have to worry about getting robbed or killed !!! Truly lives up to its name --- The Friendly Island !!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank pleasurepleaser1
Oranjestad
Reviewed April 13, 2010

I was traveling with collegues and we had to stay a couple of nights in Travel Inn hotel in Sint Maarten. I can summarize our experience as follows:
- the local car rental wouldn't rent a decent car when I informed them that I would be staying there (I got an old car with better locks and alarm system instead of the one I requested);
- reception was unfriendly (when checking in and checking out);
- our rooms were very poor maintained (no maintenance for a few years probably);
- our rooms smelled very bad;
- balcon sliding door is very difficult to close and lock;
- water from toilet from upstairs leaked on the bed the whole night (sewage water?)
- shower area is very filthy (mildew on shower door, floor and walls);
- one of the toilet seats was not clean (dry urine on the seat)
- the pillows were very uncomfortable (I slept very bad, waking up each hour during the night)

(It seems like the hotel is a place to rent per hour. In the room you get one folder offering sex toys and across the road there is an adult entertainment club.)

The rooms prices was $117 per night - the next day we checked in at Sonesta Maho for only $132 (which is a very good hotel!)

My recommendation is that if you are not able to get a better hotel room, sleep in your rental car!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
6 Thank cgdecuba
USA
Reviewed March 2, 2010

and hat is no exaggeration…we were stuck in SXM for the night because we had a 6:30am flight the next day (our original flight was cancelled due to weather). Our sea charter set us up in this hotel (dump) and when I went to pay the woman at the desk asked if we could pay cash instead of credit card. I stupidly said, oh ok…and did. When we got up to our “room with a view” (that only meant there was a window...which I was unaware there could be rented rooms without windows due to fire hazards, but ok)…my eyes welled up. My husband and I were traveling with our 2 young children and I almost threw up when I realized I just spent $130 CASH on this room that there was NO WAY we were staying in. The room smelled like the strongest and most disgusting perfume/air freshener I have ever smelled, the AC barely came on, we were sweating through our clothes and I would have been more comfortable using a bathroom in the NYC subway in comparison to the one that was in our room. Needless to say, we found another hotel to stay at, right up the road called the Maho Sonesta (which was lovely and $9 more than the Travel Inn). We high-tailed it out of the Travel Inn, but when I went back down to the front desk, not but 30 minutes after we checked in, I asked for our money back (at least some of it), the dirt bag who runs the hotel said he would not give us a dollar back, we used the room and it was not his fault it didn’t meet our standards. It was a horrible experience and I hope that this review saves another family the stress and money that we had to deal with.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
9 Thank neveragainsxm
Cornwall, Canada
Reviewed December 30, 2009

After spending a day trying to leave St. Maarten our flight was cancelled. The airport tourist information office helped find us a hotel. We did not seem to have a choice in where we would be sent as the TO only made one recommendation which was described as a hotel with a balcony view of either the ocean or the bay. Either one sounded pretty good after a long day of standing in line. We arrived at the hotel, paid for our room and handed a key. Upon entry to the room we were shocked to find four concrete walls and a bathroom, with two beds and a light on the wall. That;s it! The front desk did not seem to care as they already had our money. We were too tired to fight the issue so we just went to bed, being cerain to set our alarm for an early departure. At 07:00 after a night of sensory deprivation, except for the running toilet, we left as quickly as we could. Just before exiting, I noticed the broom closet (storage room) at the end of the hall was the same size only with different ammenities. Next time we'll take our chances with the recommendations from a taxi driver and won't pay him unitl we're satisfied with the accommodations. Recommendation to all weary travelers, STAY AWAY, SLEEP ON THE BEACH.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
6 Thank olegar31
Voorschoten
Reviewed November 6, 2008

I have stayed twice at the Travel Lodge. It is good for an over-nighters. The rooms are clean and adequately comfortable. There are several really nice restaurants nearby, also a small supermarket. In the morning there is a delightful cafe serving breakfast on the premises. I use this hotel because of it's location near the airport. I frequently travel to Saba and the flight connections always require an over night in St. Maarten. The travel Lodge is an economical solution for me.

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — Poor choice of television channels
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank GC104
#9 of 12 in Philipsburg
The Summit Hotel
The Summit Hotel
#1 of 2 in Cupecoy Bay

Been to Travel Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!