All reviews junior suite time share swim up bar on site higher floor within walking distance living room rooms were very clean large balcony st maarten full kitchen family vacation hollywood casino check in process burger king ocean view nice beach
Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

Our trip was excellent. The resort was beautiful, clean and the Villas are very large and New. There is some small projects going on due to Irma but it didn't affect our stay one bit. The breakfast was great at the restaurant daily. The bar tenders at the pool bars are great. Go say hi to Laura or Jr. Beaches are beautiful. The Island is still rebuilding but it's still great. The Dutch side is almost completely rebuilt. Go support the island.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank Louis P
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

The Villas was very nice considering the condition of the island after Irma.
Everyone was very friendly...would come back and stay at this property again in the future.
Hopefully the other resorts near the airport will come back after Irma. Really enjoyed (before Irma) the area around Simpson Bay as we overnighted there before our vacation on SBH.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GregP2651
Reviewed August 27, 2018

Loved this hotel.
Let me start with the bad.
I attempted to check in early, but they didn't have a room ready for me.
Came by after their normal check in time and it took a good 30 minutes standing in line to get my key. Parking was not easy as the spots are very narrow and limited.

The good. I loved the view of the rooms. Amazing sunset!
The size of the Jr suite is adequate. And the amenities of the room was as expected. A small fridge, a microwave, coffee etc etc.
The room was clean and not outdated like other resorts I have been to.
The proximity to the bars and restaurants was ideal. I just wished they had Uber in SXM :) ( parking sucked!)

This was a great stay. Definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: Main building south side top floor.
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed August 24, 2018

The Villas décor are more in the "retirement" look. The furniture looks like patio furniture. the dishes are updated as well as all the bathroom fixtures etc. We had to be placed in the Villas since Hurricane Irma tore through our Home away from Home D building. We checked in the reservation was not in the correct persons name. We were not given our breakfast vouches that we signed up for with our payment when the contract was signed. Housekeeping service was not daily if you wanted it daily there was now an additional charge for it. the property "Hospitality" was just AWEFUL! They did not care what you sign up for their only excuse was "We do not have that sales department on property anymore" in other words TOO BAD! and they Do Not Have To Honor ANY CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENTS..... We agreed to return to the Island to help bring income in but with the "we don't care" attitude we would rather do without returning after visiting for the past 11 years.

Room Tip: Ask for a middle floor
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends
5  Thank china1015
Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

We checked in with a new employee who presented as a person with ADHD. We have never stayed here and he gave us no map to navigate a resort with over 300 units. Needless to say, finding out room was a challenge. After a long day of traveling, not an adventure I wanted to go on. 2 trips around the building later, my mother when back to reception. We found our room. It was a room not worth finding. It was lovely and clean. However, it reeked of mold and was musty. When we called the front desk, they said someone would be right down. A person came down and cleaned the counters and sprayed the AC vents. This merely masked the moldy smell and made it worse because it made it fragrant mold, not just a moldy smell. We went outside. We took all of our bags and headed to reception when we found a map of the property. Usually a map, especially on a large property, is provided at checkin. A very manager took my mom to another building to preview a different room. This room was not newly renovated but clean and less smelly and where we stayed. It was musty but of one night it was ok. I was left to bring the bags from reception to a new building. A resort shuttle brought me to the fifth floor elevator where I was left to rangle 4 suitcases to the floor below. Needless to say, it was unpleasant. Kudos to the shuttle driver, but a bellhop he was not. Room ok, clean, tidy just musty. I've been to SXM lots of times but this was the worst. Also, I should mention that upon check in my mom was told there were three weddings which were occurring on Saturday...not our problem. Training your staff to be efficient, helpful and friendly would be my suggestion. Not going back.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family