“Excellent stay!!”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Simpson Bay
Belvidere, New Jersey
“Excellent stay!!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed at this villa for 2 weeks in June. I had booked a room for 6 and had different guests come for 4 days each. Every guest who stayed with me, LOVED IT. It is centrally located by everything you need. 2 miles from the airport, walking distance for food, alcohol, bars, grocery stores, restaurants, beach and pool. You really don't need a car here unless you are exploring the island. You can rent boats, lie by the pool or beach, go on dive or snorkeling trips.
The rooms were cleaned and had cleaning service whenever i asked. The kitchen had all the tools you needed to make some food as well. Whenever we found something broken the staff was their in a few hours. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Can't wait to go back again!!!

Room Tip: DEfinately get the villa's facing the pools. I could have just sat on my balcony the whole trip...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank waterlu3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I am late in my review because it's been months but I am still thinking about our stay. We loved every aspect our stay. The villas were the home away from home we wanted and the bench was great! I recommend this resort 100%.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Aliciachitown
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We booked a last minute vacation and after looking through many hotels we found the villas at Simpson bay resort and marina. For 5 people we had an A and B suite. The rooms were spacious and well furnished. Someone told me that cleaning came twice a week. But it seemed that they came more. They also had a large pool with a swim up bar. Along with a nice beach. Overall I was pleasently surprised and if I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank seal754
Arcadia, California
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We traded for villas did an upgrade and really had a great vacation ! 2 bedroom unit was clean and modern. Beautiful balcony ocean view! Would definitely go again! They also have a great marina that provided outstanding excursions. Took a snorkeling trip that was fantastic!

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Traveler29105
Middletown, New York
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We have been to Sint Maarten many times before and have really enjoyed staying at Great Bay because we love the location and that everything in the hotel is accessible. This time we were bringing my mom who is 86 and my 17 year old daughter. We didn't want to go crazy price wise so we figured a villa rather than a hotel room would be better for us. After much "soul searching" we decided to go with the Villas at Simpson Bay. We weren't sure we'd like the idea that it would be mostly Americans as we love to mingle with locals in the Caribbean. It was a pleasant surprise. The accommodations are absolutely beautiful. All the villas face the ocean and have shaded balconies. We took an A & B suite which can accommodate 6 people. We only had 4 but we wanted everyone to have privacy.
There is a large pool with a swim up bar directly in front of the villas. Say hi to Metal. He's the bartender with great taste in music and mixes great drinks. I was afraid the beach would be disappointing. I admit Great Bay has a natural beautiful beach but Simpson Bay is also a pretty spot. I really enjoyed the beach. There's a lot of shade and a raft to swim out to. There are restaurants everywhere-make sure you go to Lee's for the Snapper. No one makes it better. There were only 2 drawbacks for me. My mom is in great shape for her age but the casino is up a hill and you have to cross an intersection not easily navigated at night. I was told that she could call the front desk and be picked up but the casino didn't have a clue what she was talking about. Also, I was told that the rooms would be cleaned daily but this wasn't true. Apparently, it's only twice a week. We didn't care at all! We had a great time and would definitely return. It's an awesome value!!

Room Tip: The villas are all great! 3rd floor is the parking floor which makes it convenient but it doesn'...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank adrienne18
zurich, switzerland
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Due to unforeseen circumstances we needed a two-night stop on St Maarten. As it was all last minute I managed to get a good deal and paid $300 for two nights in a two-bedroom suite: my kids had a queen bed each, a bathroom and small kitchenette. Us adults had a king size bed, a living room and excellently equipped kitchen. Huge bathroom and balcony too. Wonderful rooms, clean, crisp and very big. We stayed in unit 206A/B, with oceanfront view. 2nd floor which meant we had to keep the curtains closed to ensure privacy, as the pool was right below us. That again was handy as the kids had not far to walk and we could oversee them from our balcony. Yes, there is direct beach access but it is rocky. It is ok if all you want is a jump in the ocean (bay) but if you want to do some lying in the sun you will need to walk a few minutes to the sandy part of the beach. The staff is very nice, check-in was prompt and efficient. The location of The Villas is very convenient, there are several grocery stores close by, as are the restaurants and bars. Would stay here again. This hotel is an upgrade from the Simpson Bay Resort & Marina. They are linked allright, but The Villas is the more luxurious of the two, as far as I could tell. The Simpson Bay Resort & Marina appears to be getting completely different reviews as well.

Room Tip: Room 206A has king bed and large kitchen as well as living room. Room 206B has two queens and only k...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank irishwife1967
Trumbull, CT
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This was our first time in St.Maartin & we read reviews to choose our hotel-and I have to say, the Villas at Simpson Bay was a great choice. Renovated rooms, plenty of room in the one bedroom condos- with new appliances, great waterfront views, excellent service. Everyone was pleasant from check-in to check-out, the concierge was great, housekeeping was just fine. We rented a car from Ryan in the lobby; he couldn't have been nicer, and we found this location a great base to explore all beaches & restaurants on both sides of the island. There is a walkable beach with a nice lunch spot called Toppers, (although other beaches are prettier it was nice to walk to)and at night we drove to most restaurants -within 5-10 minutes on the Dutch Side, 20-30 minutes away on the French side. We went with longtime friends, and this was a great vacation - we were all very satisfied with everything about the Villas at Simpson Bay. Highly recommend it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
#1 of 2 in Cole Bay
Oyster Bay Beach Resort
Oyster Bay Beach Resort
#3 of 8 in Oyster Pond

Been to The Villas at Simpson Bay Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!