“An unqualified recommendation”

and up
Full Day Sail to Tintimarre Island
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Celine too goes out DAILY for DAY CHARTERS and is available for 3/4-DAY CHARTERS. She also has a glorious Sunset Cruise around the lagoon on Tuesday evenings and offers the ONLY BOAT PUB CRAWL ON ST. MAARTEN. The Pub Crawl visits three popular restaurants in the Simpson Bay lagoon with an appetizer an entree and a desert with a drink at each stop. Offering a seldom seen view from the lagoon at night. Celine too is available for all your PRIVATE CHARTERS, BIRTHDAY PARTIES AND WEDDINGS, ETC.
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We just returned from our trip to St. Maarten, and among all the wonderful highlights of the great things we did during our week there, our day with Capt. Neil and his most able mate Tamara stands out. It's one thing to read one glowing review after another online but our experience surpassed our already high expectations. The trip itinerary was exactly as described, but my wife and I got a lot more than beautifully presented, delicious meals and attentive, thoughtful service throughout the day. As budding sailors ourselves, we got valuable knowledge from Capt. Neil about things like sailing, boats, weather patterns, fishing and a bunch of other things. He and Tamara could not have been more accommodating (especially when my wife got a bit green around the gills) and from the moment that we met in the parking lot until they dropped us off in the afternoon they made us feel that our comfort and safety were in excellent hands at all times. It was really great to see people who know and love what they are doing do it so well. By the end of the day we had made a real friend whom we hope to see each time we visit the island. We cannot recommend Capt. Neil and Celine Charters highly enough.

3  Thank AlexanderFox

Reviewed June 14, 2013

There is not enough good things I can say about this experience. Even though the weather did not start off well, the crew did a great job of making it a lot of fun. The places that we stopped were amazing and we got to see so much while snorkeling. The food was beyond delicious and there was plenty and the crew was professional and friendly. They went above and beyond. It was an amazing day and I would recommend this trip to anyone visiting St. Martin. Trust me, you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We booked a trip for the Friday Fun Sail aboard the Celine on May 31st, 2013 after doing quite a bit of research on Tripadvisor. I have to say, we were so happy we did! The crew went to great lengths to make us feel comfortable and to make sure we were well fed and had our fill of whatever drinks we liked. We loved Captain Neil and his crew, and we really appreciated that his first mate made it a personal experience by learning everyone's names during the trip! We would definitely recommend this trip and we would love to do it again if we make it back to St. Maarten. For a more detailed review, keep reading.

We booked our trip in the beginning of the week, so we knew we had it to look forward to before going home. During the week however, the weather forecasts were saying it as going to rain. I emailed Captain Neil to see what would happen if it rained, and he was very prompt about emailing back and making me feel comfortable about our trip.

When we arrived there was a short wait before we could board the ship, no longer than any of the other catamarans we chartered during the week tho, and then we were off. The ship itself was smaller and possibly older than some of the others we rode, but we really liked it. The nets on the front were a bit small, but there was plenty of other space to lay out and enjoy the sun and breeze while we made our way to our first location. As we laid around basking in the sun and enjoying the views, Captain Neil's crew, Tamara and Sief (not sure if I spelled that right) took care of everything around us so we could relax.

Breakfast was served shortly after we departed from Skipjacks. It consisted of a variety of pastries, fruits, cereal, and yogurts. It was more than enough for us since that is what we expected and what we had become accustomed to eating while on the island. A short trip later and we were at our first stop at Tintamarre. We got fitted with snorkel gear, and just when it seemed like there wouldn't be enough, Captain Neil and his first mate Tamara brought out brand new snorkel gear and set me and my husband up. After snorkeling a bit we went onshore to lay out under the umbrellas Sief had brought to shore and enjoyed rum punch, beer, and water that was provided for us as part of our trip as well. Unfortunately, we didn't see a whole lot of fish that day because the visibility was poor, but it was still a fun stop.

One thing that I really thought made Captain Neil's charter stand out was that there was one slightly older lady who came on the cruise alone, and Sief stayed with her the whole time, helping her find good snorkel spots and making sure she was well taken care of and keeping her company. I think this greatly added to both her enjoyment and of course to her safety as well.

We then got back on board and ate one of the best lunches ever! I can't believe Captain Neil cooks everything on his boat! We had BBQ ribs, chicken, and a seafood paella that was to die for. All of the sides were wonderful as well, including a cold pasta salad, potatoes cooked with peppers and onions, and a delicious green salad mixed with many different kinds of fruit and a delicious dressing. Writing about it now is even making my mouth water! Needless to say, we loved it.

Our next stop was Creole Rock, where the water clarity was much better. At first I was nervous about swimming near a rock and in an area where there were so many Sea Urchins, but it was really fun and was saw quite a few different kinds of fish. We wouldn't have minded more time around Creole Rock and less time at Tintamarre, but we totally understood that all that amazing food needs some time to cook, so we were okay with it.

We got back on the boat and headed for Happy Bay for mud baths, which was actually quite fun! Sief swam out all of our cameras in a water tight container so we could take pictures of the craziness and we all got to have some fun slathering mud on ourselves. One thing I can say about this is that while the mud does come out of your bathing suit, it took a little scrubbing for me since mine had some white in it. It did come clean though. I would just say maybe wear a darker suit if you have the option.

As we sailed back home we were all tired from all of the fun in the sun. We were treated to more drinks including a delicious banana/Baileys frozen drink that Tamara made for us. I can't understand why people have given this charter less than 5 stars, because for us it really truly was a Fun Sail. We loved the personal service and attention that is given to the passengers, we loved the places we visited, and we had a lot of fun with the people who were on board that day. We loved Captain Neil for providing us a fun safe trip, Tamara for hosting us and for taking the time to get to know us by name so we didn't feel like we were just a meal ticket, and Sief for keeping us entertained and informed about the places we were visiting! We would definitely do another Friday Fun Sail again!

1  Thank AmyRamirez
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We took the sunset cruise. Capt Neil is the master of the Celine. Tamara was his first mate. Drinks were included. We departed from Skip Jack's restaurant ans sailed to teh west end of Simpson Bay Lagoon. Capt Neil pointed out homes of the rich and famous. For example, Olympia Dukakis, Robert Redford, Jackie O.
The exciting part of the cruise happened when a fellow passenger lost her cap. Capt Neil brought the boat right around and Tamara used a net to fish it out.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Just returned from SXM after a two week stay. Took the Celine full day trip on May the 15th. Captain Neil provides a day of professional sailing and his first mate Tamara keeps the drinks, food and the fun coming the entire day. The lunch that was served was the best food we had during our entire stay on the island. The Celine trip is a must do for a fun but relaxing day.