“Avoid these operators!”

and up
Full Day Sail to Tintimarre Island
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Celine too goes out DAILY for DAY CHARTERS and is available for 3/4-DAY CHARTERS. She also has a glorious Sunset Cruise around the lagoon on Tuesday evenings and offers the ONLY BOAT PUB CRAWL ON ST. MAARTEN. The Pub Crawl visits three popular restaurants in the Simpson Bay lagoon with an appetizer an entree and a desert with a drink at each stop. Offering a seldom seen view from the lagoon at night. Celine too is available for all your PRIVATE CHARTERS, BIRTHDAY PARTIES AND WEDDINGS, ETC.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We arrived by bus at the Catamaran only to wait around for over 30 minutes while the captain readied his vessel carrying on supplies and such. This is a small, older vessel, which was in need of a hose down the day we sailed. (the head needed an overhaul too).
There are 2 very small forward nets so a few of us sat in themas we got underway and had a sail over to Long Bay by the Samana resort. There was some fruit, and breads and yogurt and canned juices and coffee. It all seemed fine so far, but then the cooking commenced...
Two and a half hours of sitting in the same location of shore either outside in the hot sun, or inside with the heat from the cooking. this is not my idea of a good time. Yes, we swam off the boat, but the first mate and captain were both so occupied making lunch, there was no safety supervision in the water. Since I am not a very strong swimmer, I only stayed in for about 30 minutes. Even if you swam to shore, there was no shade and a nice burn was your payoff. So we either sat inside or wet down our shirts and sat in the full sun on deck. BORING! A few of the guys felt seasick and sitting in the sun was not good for them either. There was a dinghy but they never offered any of the less adventurous in the group a ride to the beach anyway, as they were so busy chopping veggies, peeling shrimp and cleaning fish and cooking! A few people complained about the flies landing on the food, and the first mate said he had never seen so many flies before. Hum... he did get some plastic wrap and cover things up, to his credit.
Let me say the long awaited "gourmet lunch was no big deal either. The ribs never appeared and many of the offerings were starch based. We had a buffet with rice (tasted box mix to me) with a bit of seafood, a potato salad with egg, a rice salad,and there was a green salad which unfortunately was loaded with feta cheese and eggs neither of which I can tolerate. The bread was day old too. I would have been ok about the food, but the beer and liquor and juice was the cheap stuff. We basically had to serve ourselves drinks. After lunch we sailed back toward Phillipsburg close to Maho beach for a second stop. We were told to swim at our own risk as the currents were strong. Most people opted to just sit onboard again. Then they brought us their "signature drink" which they tout on their website. A 2 ounce cup of a banana and Bailey's smoothie. Wow, it tasted good but could they spare it?
The worst is yet to come. Once we got back to the harbor the captain stopped the engine and sat us on the water till everyone payed up. I guess he was afraid people would not want to give him the full amount or something. He probably has experienced difficulties in the past. I paid my fare. Then I realized how late we were getting back. I flipped out and demanded to be let off the boat immediately. I saw no reason to sit there while people lined up to give him their cash. I guess he knew I was serious, because he did start the engine and dock within seconds. What an insulting way to treat people!
These 2 personality impaired pirates are running a real amateur show. We went basically nowhere, got no info about St Maarten, and were returned an hour and a half late to the harbor! Then we had to fast walk it back to the ship.
We were lucky to make it for our sail away. They charged 115 bucks per person for this cheesy ride! At 16 heads I guess it's a sweet deal for the captain. He certainly didn't waste any fuel on us! He just sat us in the hot sun while he cooked a mediocre meal. This was a never again experience for us, and it is meant to be a warning to all who read it. Economic times are tough and the Celine is obviously not what she once was!

5  Thank joanniette

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We have been going to SXM three to four times per year since 1984 and have enjoyed many day cruises. We had six of us and had been on the Celine before and loved it, which is why we went again. I will say though, that this trip was the best we have ever enjoyed. The crew, Captain Neil, Mara and Seif, were the best crew we have ever experienced. They were very attentive. We never had a chance to ask for a drink or something to eat, as they were right there. The food was outstanding and in abundance. Fruit and pastries were available the whole trip. Everything is homemade and in abundance with a beautiful presentation.

We were lucky that the day was gorgeous. We actually did not have enough wind to set sail, but we had such a great time it did not matter. The crew are full of stories and quite interesting. We felt not only welcome, but also very comfortable with them. We snorkeled at Tinta Mare and Happy Beach, both so beautiful. Snorkel to see the turtles on Tinta Mare. The multitude of beautiful, and ugly, fish were fun to see, including the sting rays, who like to hide from the sun under the boat.

We had one of the best times in our lives, and the Celine trip absolutely the best day trip. Take plenty of sun screen and apply often... don't forget your back and feet! If you need shade, let Captain know. They will provide. If you want a day trip, the Celine is well worth the money, with breakfast and lunch. What a day to remember!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

We just returned from 10 very nice but quick days in our favorite place, St Maarten. We first met Captain Neil three years ago when we booked his Wednesday night pub crawl. Not enough folks booked for that particular evening so Neil bought us dinner at Skipjack's and we had a lovely time getting to know him. Last year we did the pub crawl and this year did the pub crawl as well as his Sunday evening sunset cruise. Neil is a great guy, his crew is awesome, the rum punch is fantastic and it is a great way to see parts of the island that cannot be seen from the roads. Neil is currently working on a new catamaran which he promises will be ready for next season. We'll be there!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Captain Neil and his first mate Michael provided our large group with a wonderful experience. Our cruise ship was late and Neil and Michael handled this unexpected event gracefully. They were able to change their plans to accomodate our late arrival and provide us with the best outing of our vacation. They arranged for us to be picked up at the pier and transported to a location to meet the catamaran. This was all included in the price. The boat is clean and very functional. Neil and Michael are very pleasant, personable and capable men. The food was prepared by captain/chef Neil and was simply the best we had on the entire vacation. Much better than the cruise lines food!! I highly recommend this excursion to anyone vacationing to St. Maartin. I promise you will have a great day! Thank you Neil and Michael!!

1  Thank susan m
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We had a great time aboard the Celine. The Captain and Mate were awesome! Very professional and fun! The surprise was the food! Top notch cooking, not your average day cruise. We took a 2 year old and a 5 year old along and the crew was great to them. Made them feel like pirates with hats and plenty of Yaaarghs to keep everyone happy. Sailed to a secluded beach to swim and snorkel, dined then sailed back through the lagoon for a great tour. We will absolutely be booking again when we return to St. Maarten next year.