“Bliss and Great Food Too!”
Review of Celine Charters

Full Day Sail to Tintimarre Island
Ranked #1 of 8 Nightlife in Simpson Bay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Celine too goes out DAILY for DAY CHARTERS and is available for 3/4-DAY CHARTERS. She also has a glorious Sunset Cruise around the lagoon on Tuesday evenings and offers the ONLY BOAT PUB CRAWL ON ST. MAARTEN. The Pub Crawl visits three popular restaurants in the Simpson Bay lagoon with an appetizer an entree and a desert with a drink at each stop. Offering a seldom seen view from the lagoon at night. Celine too is available for all your PRIVATE CHARTERS, BIRTHDAY PARTIES AND WEDDINGS, ETC.
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Two years ago, I was with a group that chartered the Random Wind. Our group was so large we had to secure a second boat which happened to be the Celine. What a blessing that turned out to be! Because of our good experience with Capt. Neil on that trip we decided to charter the Celine for a excursion this trip.

Our group of eight chartered the Celine for an excursion for our cruiseship stopover in St Maarten. Fornot much more than the price of what we would have spent on taxis,day use passes, food, and drinks while we fought the crowds around the city and on the beaches we received excellent personal service; a little scenic tour and gourmet lunch, open bar and a great time on the water!

We were picked up by Junior with Thomas Transportation Services at the Bus Terminal just off the pier when the Carnival Dream docked at 8AM. It was actually Junior's dad who picked us up but he took great care of our group. The bus was very clean and comfortable. After about a 20 minute ride through the city (it was only that long because of a stalled car at one point) we arrived at Skipjacks on Simpson Bay.

The Celine was fresh out of drydock and beautiful! We filled out paperwork required by the legal folks which took only a few minutes and then we were on our way. While we enjoyed a light breakfast of fresh pastries, fruit, cheese and yogurts, Tamara gave us the two minute tour of the facilities, helped us get settled and started fixing drinks. Bread may not seem like a big deal, but when you live in a place that considers Wonder bread as really good...you learn to appreciate really good bread when you get it! Breakfast was delicious!

We got out of the marina area and undersail in just a matter of minutes. One of our group was thrilled when Neil allowed him to steer as long as he wanted! Neil made sure he was heading in the right direction and took over whenever we got into areas that called for real skill but what a treat for someone who never gets out on the water to get to man the wheel!

We sailed around the island - couldn't have paid for a more perfect day by the way. I know we just got lucky but it certainly added to the experience. Neil sailed around to Long Beach, a popular spot for day charters but it is a huge area so you won't feel crowded even if other boats are there at the same time. We tied onto a bouy and spent the next couple of hours playing in the water (feeding fish and saw three progressively larger baracuda!) while Tamara kept our thirst quenched and Neil cooked lunch. He has snorkeling gear for those who wanted to do that and noodles for those who just wanted to hang in the water. There is nothing quite like the feeling of bobbing around in perfect water while you catch the occasional whiff of amazing food from the galley! I'll confess I expected to have lunch "reheated" but no - the meal is prepared fresh by Neil and beautifully presented! This meal rivaled anything we were served in the specialty restaurants onboard the ship! BBQ ribs, a fish dish but I can't remember the name - I hate fish and I even went back for a second taste of this! Shrimp&Calamari paella, potato salad, pasta & mushroom salad and a green salad topped with fresh fruit and rasberry vinagrette with garlic bread. All delicious and certainly way better than anything I would ever cook at home! How you can beat a wonderful meal eaten while you sit on the beautiful Caribbean? We dallied a bit longer than we probably should have swimming after lunch so we didn't have time to make a second stop as was originally planned but that was okay! We enjoyed a thrilling ride around the island to get back to the French bridge for the 2:30 opening. As we made our way back to Skipjacks, Tamara brought us all a shot of the signature Celine BBC - don't ask me what was in it - I can only tell you it was frozen, sweet and yummy!

After a few more photos and hugs all around we finally got off the boat and boarded Junior's bus back to the ship. We had a few minutes so Junior accomodated one of the guys request to stop at the Harley shop we passed on the way! We might have had time for a bit more shopping but I wouldn't press the issue. As much as I loved my day onboard the Celine, I wouldn't want to deal with missing the ship! We made it back with time to spare though, no worries! This was a perfect excursion for a group looking for a little more laid back experience where conversation and interaction is more important than thrill and adventure. The snorkeling was okay according to others in our group but this was more about being able to chill and the Celine provided the perfect atmosphere for that!

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to most anyone. Accessibility getting in/out of the water is a little difficult. I have really bad knees and an artifical ankle joint - I had to be real careful on the ladder but as long as I took my time and was careful it was fine. After all - you are on a boat - you should be careful all the time anyway!

This works out great if you aren't interested in the beaches and the ship excursions with their huge crowds - Neil was wonderful to work with while reserving the charter, patiently answered my thousand questions along the way.

1  Thank MayflowerLittleRock
All reviews
"pub crawl"
in 64 reviews
"friday fun sail"
in 52 reviews
"paella"
in 49 reviews
"captain neil and his crew"
in 41 reviews
in 20 reviews
"shrimp"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We did the Tuesday night sunset cruise. It was very nice. Neil treats his guests very well. We signed up for the all day cruise to Tintamire. We were so impressed that we talked to two other couples we met earlier in the week and suggested that they sign up as well. They did. Friday morning came and Neil e mailed me to let me know that the cruise was cancelled due to weather. Tropical storm Raphael was upon us. 12 foot seas and 40 knot winds. Our friends didn't know it was cancelled so they showed up anyway. Neil was nice enough to serve them a very nice breakfast on board even though the trip was cancelled. He also does a gourmet lunch. Neil keeps the total down to about 6 or 7 couples so that there is always enough room for everyone. I will definately sign up again next time I am in St Maarten.

1  Thank Sandsculptureman
Reviewed September 29, 2012

My wufe and I went on a Pub Crawl on the Celine in September. We have sailed with Capt. Neil before and have had very enjoyable excursions with him but if you are looking for something that is a little different I highly reccommend this type of trip. You go to 3 different establishments each with a meal course and a drink, appetizer, main, dessert. Only one word to describe Neil SUPER!!!. I don't think you will be dissappointed if you take this excursion. Robin and Al

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We did a 3/4 day private charter with Captail Neil and Tamara...they were amazing and so was the trip!!!!!

The second we stepped on the boat we had coffee, fresh fruit, and great pastries. Oh yeah...and the bar was open from the second we got on to time we docked.
We sailed to Mullet bay and snorkled....it was great!!!!
We then sailed to La Semana where we swam with schools of jack fish...Tamara was throwing shrimp peels in and they were all around us. So beautiful!!!!

Lunch was served on this stop and it was amazing!!!! One of the best meals of the trip by far...they cooked so much food.

This was an amazing trip...probably the best charter I have ever done...I cannot wait to go back and book it again

1  Thank Ryan B
See more reviews
Reviewed September 5, 2012

There were 10 of us on a cruise for my 50th birthday. I pretty big event. We were looking for something to do on my birthday that was special. My brother found out about captain Neil from this site and so I think it is so fitting that I thank everyone for the excellent reviews. If not for the reviews we would not have booked our private sail.

This is was one of the most memorable birthdays to date. We all had a blast! Captain Neil and deck hand Tammara were fantastic hosts! We had a van come pick us up at the cruise terminal and take us to the boat. We had a fantastic breakfast while we sailed to our first destination. This was an excellent spot for snorkeling or playing on the beach by Samanna resort, which I have now seen as a destination get a way on the tennis channel. There were lots of fish and plently of rocks to swim around and investigate. We had a fabulous lunch and off again for a sail.

Our day was limited by time due to the cruise schedule which captain Neil was very accommodating. He got us back to the docks where a van was ready to take us back to cruise terminal with plenty of time for shopping.

What a great way to celebrate! I highly recommend this excursion!

Thank you Captain Neil and Tammara!