“Prefect start terrible ending” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of 3 Palms Restaurant & Lounge - CLOSED

3 Palms Restaurant & Lounge
Cuisines: American, French
Calgary, Canada
“Prefect start terrible ending”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

The night start off well but when a boat of very drunk 40-50 year olds who could barly walk and were knocking over our table came in we had to leave. They were rude and we were than ignored by the staff. As a young professional who sells they hotels in the area and came here so I could make recommendations to my guests back home. This place will not ever mentioned as a place to go!!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank nbgirl86_12

Simpson Bay, St. Maarten-St. Martin
“I expected French cuisine and ended up with a half hearted attempt”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

The service here was great and we suspect that's because the 15% service charge is not included, but that's the only highlight of the evening. My Mom and I ordered chicken cordon bleu in two different variations. The price was $12.95 and was the cheapest entree on the menu. We didn't order it because of that, but purely because it's my favorite dish and I wanted to try it from a "French" restaurant. Well we were sorely disappointed, since the sauce was more of a mushroom gravy than a ber blaunc and the chicken was over cooked, which meant the chicken was overly chewy and the fried coating actually tore up the roof of our mouths. The coconut shrimp appetizer was equally over cooked and abrasive. My husband ordered chicken Parm and was reasonably happy with it. The French onion soup had good flavor but in no way compares to the soup offered over at Fusion. If you are looking for fabulous French onion soup I highly recommend Fusion's. The live entertainment was nice and the views on the water pleasant. Some bar patrons proved to be annoying since the acoustics of the place seemed to amplify their already loud voices. While the furniture looks nice it was very uncomfortable - my butt was asleep by the end of dinner, which I was actually thankful for since it number the pain. If you go here definitely pick one of the cushioned booths. The free shot after dinner was very tasty and probably the best thing we had all night. Disappointed in our experience overall and would not return.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Chrissy W
Tampa, Florida
“Outstanding ood and wonderful ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

My Wife & I dined at the 3 Palms Restaurant in Simpson Bay, Sint Maarten on Saturday, May 19, 2012 to celebrate our Ruby Wedding Anniversary with our two good friends. We were seated outside overlooking the Lagoon opposite the twinkling lights of the hillside homes on the French side of the island. Music was provided by a talented local musician, who played light jazz on several instruments and even sang. Our group was able both to listen to the music and hold a conversation at the same time. The service was pleasant, timely, and delivered with a smile. We chose Escargot, as an appetizer: for the main dish we selected Red Snapper & Filet Mignon, our friends raved over their Cordon Blue Chicken. All of our food was cooked to our specification ,included a selection of vegetables, and was priced competitively. Desserts were 3 level Creme Brulee, Tiramasu, and Crepe Susette.
A wonderful evening, delightful food, incredible ambiance, and a memory to cherish.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank onelifemanytravels
Warwick, Rhode Island
“Dining on the lagoon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

We had dinner there twice this trip and it was very good both times. Live music both nights. Prices are moderate and meals are very good.

Visited May 2012