“Good Greek food in Simpson Bay”

Barnacles Greek Bar & Restaurant
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2014

The servers here are very friendly, as is the local dog Lady. I had the gyro, and it was good. Not the mix of meat that you usually get - it was all lamb meat. One in our party tried the red mullet, which I hadn't heard of before, and it was very good too. You get a nice view of Simpson Bay, and the night we went there was a full moon lighting up the bay.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We went with friends to the restaurant for an evening meal. The feta cheese/olives appetizer was amazing as well as the pita slices with dipping sauce. We had ribs (a Friday-night special), and also the spinach pie. Prices were moderate. You can dine-in by the marina or take back to your place for a nice, effortless meal. Would go again, particularly for appetizers.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Back on the island for another visit. As usual this is our first stop. Kalli and her staff are always welcoming and Alberto grills a mean Red Snapper.
We had the Rib Special on our second visit. Mouthwatering, fall off the bone delicious and huge portions.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

This is a super casual place that we really had previously enjoyed. Even though it was expensive for the venue (plastic tables), the Greek inspired food was high quality and delicious. They have "dumbed down" the menu to include burgers etc....maybe they could not get the patronage at the higher dining point. So now they are like everyone else BUT the music is way too loud. We could barely communicate during the meal.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

My kids and I have recently tugged along on one of my husband’s business trips. We have never been to St Maarten before so we asked a local woman that was working where we were staying for some family restaurants and she told us about Barnacles let me tell you that I’m glad we asked her because they have some of the best ribs I have ever had (and trust me I love ribs). The server was so nice and quick (and any one going out to eat with two little ones would tell you that it is important for quick service) the atmosphere was lively and beautiful, I would definitely go back!