“Skip the dessert at your hotel or the bar & grill.. go to the Carousel!”

Carousel Gelateria and Bar
Ranked #1 of 2 Shopping in Simpson Bay
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Skip the dessert at your hotel or the bar & grill.. go to the Carousel!”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

By far one of the cleanest, nicest and well kept food establishments on this island. Excellent selection of very creamy, smooth and delicious gelato. Also has a small bar for cocktails.

A definite must-try stop in Simpson/Cole Bay.

Visited May 2014

Ancaster, Canada
“Delicious!”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Some of the best gelato I have ever had, easily compares to Italian gelato. Everything imported directly from Italy, and only $2 to ride the carousel out back!

Visited May 2014
long island, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 149 helpful votes
“Delicious treat, friendly staff”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I went to the Carousel based on the recommendation of our regular cab driver Maria. The gelato was simply incredible and very reasonable in price. Staff was excellent and when the server saw me mention to my friend that I wanted to try the snicker doodle flavor she gave me a sample without asking. Staff was super nice and friendly unlike so other places. I went to Jimbo's and it was a short walk less than a few minutes. The price was excellent and the cone was awesome. The place is sparkling clean and plenty of chairs to sit. I would highly recommend and definitely go back!

Visited March 2014
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“The Best gelato ever!”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

The dark chocolate gelato had little pieces of chocolate throughout. The coffee gelato was like the perfect cup of iced coffee. The rum gelato, yummmmy! I could go on and on about how good everything is even the Nutella crepe. My only complaint is the service. The young girls who helped us on our first visit during the afternoon seemed as though they'd rather be elsewhere. When trying favors, I was quickly told there was a limit of two favors I could try. The service was better a couple of days later when we went back at night and the servers were more mature. I agree with another reviewer who stated that the bathrooms were clean. They were spotless and that was a nice surprise. Definitely a place to try on the island, easy parking.

Visited April 2014
soul
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“EPIC Ice creame”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Not many people walk through the custom built round shop building to the water side, where there is a working carousel straight out of mary poppins! with horses, and carriages and the music too.
the sorbets are wonderful when your watching your weight
but the cremeie delicious icecreames are heaven to taste!
We go there all the time for date night!
personal favourits are the passionfruit sorbet.
Off street parking,
wheelchair access
Cleanest toilets in simpson bay

Visited March 2014